Photo Gallery, is there any for 2.0

Started by thefley, August 25, 2008, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefley

I have the SMF gallery pro for my 1.1.5 site   but I can not find one for 2.0 and I left a post asking about one on their site but still waiting on an answer.

anyone know of another photo gallery that will work with 2.0?

www.greatplainsriders.com

Deprecated

Your problem intrigued me and I had a look at the mod including peeking into the source code. For sure it won't install on 2.0 but it appears to me that on the face of it, it seems that it would be easy to modify for 2.0. It's such a shame that many authors of the earlier mods (pre-2.0) have become jaded or are just waiting until 2.0 stable is released, because I see little that is keeping this modification and probably many others from becoming compatible with 2.0.

As a mod author I feel little interest in messing with the works of other mod authors because I would get a bad reputation quickly if I started modding other authors' works and releasing them myself. Just to be clear, that would be nothing I would do.

Would somebody post a URL to a site that has the mod installed, one that can be accessed by guests? I'd like to see what the mod looks like when installed.

I suppose it's not out of the question for me to update the mod for 2.0 and then send the modifications to the author for his release...

tk2012

I can show you on mine if you want... I have a test account

I'll PM you the info if you want..

Rumbaar

Try Dragooons new mod:
SMF Media Gallery.  It works with 2.x as well as 1.1.x
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Deprecated

Thank you Rumbaar, and also thank you tk2012. I did indeed visit tk2012's site and really liked his gallery. I'm inspired to add one to my SMF too.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1365

Advertisement: