News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Underline error

Started by tk2012, August 26, 2008, 03:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tk2012

Default Theme / v2.0 b3.1

OK, so I'm going thru some errors that I notice before launching my site in two weeks.  Currently, I have 9 errors in my error log and then I have this odd thing here which doesn't show up as an error... but is.

I'm noticing that my underline function is not working correctly.  I made a post to demonstrate the little error in three different formats...

1st example is the word "TEXT" and is a plain underline code.  It appears in the default color with the default color as the underline color. (working correctly)

2nd example is the word "ERASE" and is in the orange color and is underlines.  The word appears in orange, but the underline appears in the default color.  (not correct)

3rd example is the word "DAMN" which is bold, yellow, larger size, and underline.  The word and underline appear in the correct yellow color.  (working correctly)

I've attached 3 pics. 

pic 1 = the way the post looks posted
pic 2 = the way it looks in WYSIWYG editor
pic 3 = the way it looks in standard editor

H

Did you manually modify the default theme or use a downloaded theme?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

tk2012

I've installed mods to the default theme.  I've not downloaded other themes.  I have played around with the colors in style.css, but that was over three weeks ago and nothing showed up when I did that.

This just happened today.

If you look in the pictures, it is correct in the WYSIWYG editor and in the default editor... It shows correct and incorrect when I posted though.

I made that post when I noticed posts that I made previously change to the default color for the underline, but keep the color that I posted it in... so, I made this test post not knowing what was going to happen.  I just did a couple examples of using underline in various combos and luckily got one to produce an error.

Rumbaar

[u]TEST[/u]
[u][color=orange]ORANGE[/color][/u]
[size=5][b][color=yellow][u]DAMN[/u][/color]![/b][/size]

[color=orange][u]ORANGE[/u][/color]

TEST
ORANGE
DAMN!

ORANGE

But if you put the [u] tag (or any tag outside the color tags, due to span and font tags) inside it works!  So it appears to be an issue with the order of bbcode parsing and might be a bug?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

jeff_ddaz

I also have this problem, using the underline button does but the [u] [/u] tages around the text, but once you "submit" your post it shows up normal, not underlined

http://www.desertdiamondsaz.com/forum/ [nofollow]

SMF 2.0 Beta 4
BlackRain V2 theme

Rumbaar

That is most likely theme specific .css style issues.  Take a look at the themes or style.css files you use for any 'bbc_u' entries.  Most likely a non 2.0 compatible theme issue.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: