News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anto74

Hi mrtrc266,
thanks again for this mod!
I'm testing my SMF RC2 updated forum and i'm reinstalling MOD....your MOD works ok with RC2?
Sorry for my english!
Antonio

ardd

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 08, 2009, 07:23:32 PM
@ ardd
Arrgg, sorry bud, I forgot to add the span tags lol
This should help it perform 'all' of it's designed functions, if you choose to use them.
   // the [chat] button
   $chatPath = str_replace("index.php", "chat/index.php", $scripturl);
   $num = (empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo'])) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers());
    echo '<li', $current_action == 'chat' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $chatPath, '"', empty($modSettings['chatPopUp']) ? 'target="_blank"' : ' onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;"', '><span>', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</span></a></li>';

Cheers :)
Thanks so much for the help with the button code! I'm learning quite a bit from looking at what works well (the above code works well!) and from my failures lessons :)

I'm working on an arcade button now comparing your code for the chat button with the themes buttons, (Anecdota) both are very different. I'm getting quite a few "lessons" as I try to point the button on the right direction. If I can't get it by tomorrow I'll try to find or post an "arcade button" topic  to ask in.

Best Regards
Ardd

decibel

Hello Sabre,
Yes, i download the mod Achat version 0.21 manually  and tryit to make it works, i have upload it in the smfforum directory like http://www.mysite.nl/smforum/Achat_021 [nofollow]

I dont have found Tables_1.1x.php in this package?

The template and index.php are edited like we reading a few post ago,
Maybe ill have to try it via the admin/package page if this works?

Thanks for you attention,

grtx,

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 09, 2009, 04:33:55 PM
Decibel.
Did you manually install the mod?
If I'm reading your post correct, upload the Tables_1.1.X.php from the mod package, to the 'root' of your forum, and execute the file from your browser.
eg. http://your site name here.com/Tables_1.1.X.php [nofollow]
Waterdichte systemen zijn niet berekend op de vindingrijkheid van dwazen.

Sabre™

This is the area for the AjaxChat mod, the area you need to follow and forward questions to is [HERE].
That is a different modification buddy :)
The mod author has returned to assist you with any issues youre having with that mod.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

decibel

Hello Sabre,

Sorry for my question in this topic here, i dint knowing,  :-[
But  in the other topic they have trobs to, is this topic chat to use with smf1.1.10 ?

grtx,
ttyl,

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 10, 2009, 08:13:51 AM
This is the area for the AjaxChat mod, the area you need to follow and forward questions to is [HERE].
That is a different modification buddy :)
The mod author has returned to assist you with any issues youre having with that mod.

Sabre™

It is ok buddy, I didn't realise that mod existed, so I thought you were in the correct area also lol
The author of AChat is updating and modifying his mod, so many of the errors some are experiencing, may be resolved with the update.
I'd say to wait until it is updated :)
Yes this modification is also for smf 1.1.10.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

decibel

Hello Sabre,
i went to go the 1e message en followed the link to a testversion of 321, i like it and go further here, luckly i have a clean index and templateinde.php here so i started new again, 8)

Thanks again and i hope you never to see again here, because i have trobs with mine chatroom, :D
You doing good things here,
Bye for now,

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 10, 2009, 08:35:17 AM
It is ok buddy, I didn't realise that mod existed, so I thought you were in the correct area also lol
The author of AChat is updating and modifying his mod, so many of the errors some are experiencing, may be resolved with the update.
I'd say to wait until it is updated :)
Yes this modification is also for smf 1.1.10.

Sabre™

@ ardd
Just mirror the other buttons code, and change the action and text, if it has permissions, modify it accordingly(usually doesn't need to be).
eg.
   // The [calendar]!
   if ($context['allow_calendar'])
   echo '<li', $current_action == 'calendar' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar"><span>' , $txt['calendar24'] , '</span></a></li>';

then modify it to
   // Arcade
   echo '<li', $current_action == 'arcade' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade"><span>' , $txt['arcade'] , '</span></a></li>';

All the required information would be found in its thread, but this is a little guide on how to add buttons to your theme in the future.

mrtrc266

Quote from: anto74 on November 10, 2009, 03:40:21 AM
Hi mrtrc266,
I'm testing my SMF RC2 updated forum and i'm reinstalling MOD....your MOD works ok with RC2?
Sorry for my english!
Antonio

LOL thank you, but I didn't make this mod. It hasn't been updated yet on the mod site and I haven't tested it to see if it will work with RC2. It should be updated soon though...we hope.

Arantor

To be honest I doubt it will, not without some serious tweaking because it builds very much a Core-theme look, which doesn't fit in Curve's code very well and even if it did, it'd look ugly IMO.

ardd

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 10, 2009, 09:14:36 AM
@ ardd
Just mirror the other buttons code, and change the action and text, if it has permissions, modify it accordingly(usually doesn't need to be).
eg.
   // The [calendar]!
   if ($context['allow_calendar'])
   echo '<li', $current_action == 'calendar' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar"><span>' , $txt['calendar24'] , '</span></a></li>';

then modify it to
   // Arcade
   echo '<li', $current_action == 'arcade' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade"><span>' , $txt['arcade'] , '</span></a></li>';

All the required information would be found in its thread, but this is a little guide on how to add buttons to your theme in the future.
Thanks Sabre!
The button for the arcade works well, and displays correctly but there,s a fly in the ointment (they put them in the ointment for "texture"):) 

The address above the arcade (and on all pages except "Home") now displays like this "Hypercrites​.OrgÃ� Ã�»Ã� Arcade" in IE and similarly in Firefox. Being the tidy folk we are we don't want anyone to think we left out the domino's when we used the game room.

I have searched for "arcade" posts, most of what I have found either is outdated or doesn't apply. I have several other questions about the Button coding as doing this is leading to a greater overall understanding of how everything works together and may limit future questions on basics. This is very important to me as I don't want the other posters to call me nOOb and give me wedgies.

Is the Mods and Packages forum a good place to post a thread on this?  I don't want to clutter up the Ajax thread with unrelated info or make it hard for someone else who needs this info to find it.

ardd

Quote from: mrtrc266 on November 10, 2009, 12:07:37 PM
Quote from: anto74 on November 10, 2009, 03:40:21 AM
Hi mrtrc266,
Sorry for my english!

Antonio
I have a 2.0 RC2 test forum up and will let you know how it works when I try an install later today or tomorrow, I'll look at it in core and curve and report back if this would be helpful.

I'm very new to this but willing to give any help I can for the help I have and am receiving. I probably can't offer much technically as I am still low in the learning curve but am willing and able to post error logs and screen shots or whatever you may need in that arena. 

mrtrc266

Quote from: Arantor on November 10, 2009, 12:18:12 PM
To be honest I doubt it will, not without some serious tweaking because it builds very much a Core-theme look, which doesn't fit in Curve's code very well and even if it did, it'd look ugly IMO.

Yeah, it seems like it will take quite a bit for to work with RC2, will just have to wait for Hunter to update it.

Arantor

It's only really the look and integration onto the page; the underlying code won't be touched, I expect.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Arantor on November 10, 2009, 02:25:18 PM
It's only really the look and integration onto the page; the underlying code won't be touched, I expect.

There were a lot of "tests failed" on a fresh upgrade of RC2

./Sources/BoardIndex.php
./Sources/Load.php

and then of course the theme files.
./Themes/default/index.template.php
./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php

mrtrc266

Ardd what text editor did you use to edit the file? Some can really screw things up.

Notepad++ seems to be a favorite around here

ardd

Quote from: mrtrc266 on November 10, 2009, 02:34:14 PM
Ardd what text editor did you use to edit the file? Some can really screw things up.

Notepad++ seems to be a favorite around here

I modified the code in the Themes and layout settings/Edit Theme - index.template.php section of the admin panel by cutting and pasting in the code Sabre graciously provided.

I have made MANY attempts with various buttons, some work well such as the Music button that links to an HTML page, some have worked in a dysfunctional manner,  some worked well but generated errors in the error log, some where just kaput. It takes a while to ftp the file I'm working with up and down so I have just stuck with using the on board editor...so far. 

The paste of the Arcade button code didn't add anything I can see. Does this method sometimes add things you can't see or produce "wonky" results such as I am having?

I'm going to get notepad++ from source forge (lol@ "reducing the world carbon dioxide emissions" in the descritption.) and use it for edting when needed. Thanks for the link.

I have a zillion questions about the button coding, what points what to where and what the function of specific expressions are. I may be up to my 10,00th post before my curiosity quenched.  Is there a good forum here for this?

Thanks for the heads up on the editors!

Robert F

I just installed the chat box within my 1.1.10 forum.

So far I like it. But it would be even better if I could tweak the colour a little.

I would like to change the main content screen from pure white to another colour which matches my forum. Can this be done and how?

Thank you.

mrtrc266

Quote from: forbescreatives on November 10, 2009, 04:33:16 PM
I just installed the chat box within my 1.1.10 forum.

So far I like it. But it would be even better if I could tweak the colour a little.

I would like to change the main content screen from pure white to another colour which matches my forum. Can this be done and how?

Thank you.

You can play with the colors by editing .../chat/css/shoutbox.css

You will also have to do the same to .../shoutBox/css/shoutbox.css if your dont have the shout and shout intergrated.

mrtrc266

@ Ardd, looks like something went awry, do you happen to have a backup to replace your edited file with to see if that fixes it?

Advertisement: