AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[unplugged]

That's not necessarily a critical error, it's just saying that the global above that line needs $scripturl added to it

If the site in question is the same as in your profile,
QuoteThe server at www.your_listed_site.com is taking too long to respond
meaning, you have other, more pressing issues.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

sattninja

yeah i agree i am having alot of problems i am going back to my original hot till i get this sorted

but back to the ?? could it be a port issue
Running Rc4

[unplugged]

« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

sattninja

Running Rc4

Arantor

sattninja

ok here is what is happening

i am referring to the 2 folders in my public_html chat and shoutbox

if i have both folder permissions set to 755 and all the file inside set to 755 i get no errors however the shoutbox remains blank nothing shows up when typed

if i set chat to 777 and shoutbox to 755 and i type something i get 500 error

if i set chat to 755 and shoutbox to 777 i get the blank shoutbox again

keep in mind i have just started using a different host on my last host the permissions were set to chat 777 and all filed inside are set to 755 and the same on shoutbox and it works fine

when i set everytong on the new host like the old host that the shoutbox worked on i get error 500
Running Rc4

sattninja

just noticed something else when i try to go to chat i get this

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at appfuzion.com Port 80

but if i change the chat permission back to 755 i can get into chat logs me in and everything but whatever i type does not show up this is crazy
Running Rc4

cat farmer

have an issue I have not seen answered yet, though 260 pages of reading.. might be hidden in there some where. anyway..
running 1.1.11
installed pretty urls and broke shout, did a couple of other mods that same day, never noticed that shout was broken, until later that day. so .. I uninstalled axjx chat and tried reinstalling,
found the post on pretty URL's and applied that fix, still did not work.
uninstalled again, removed DB entries, manually went through amd removed any traces of what was left over from the chat uninstall. 
reinstalled 3.2.1 and it all went great, had to set permissions on the the index.php(both shout and chat) and it fired right up.. or so I thought.

the issue is CHAT works great, no problems, or non I've found.
But SHOUTBOX only works if I have the "Integrate shout box and chat room?" selected, something I do not want as I don't want chat filling the shoutbox.
the SHOUTBOX just stays blank with with the Integrate shout box and chat room? not selected
no connection errors, no errors in the logs.

what advice can you give me?

Thanks CF

m_nature

When my shoutbox to update screen, why sometime to blank screen or white screen?

How to solve this problem?

=======================
AjaxChat+Integration_3.2.1, SMF 1.8
=======================

sattninja

anyone??? like i said i still have a working site on my old host and if i set all the permissions exactly the same on both host servers the old host works fine and the new host i get that error page if i change the permission on the new host chat folder to 755 then i can access chat but anything i type does not show up and i get the error across the top of the page

Notice: Undefined variable: scripturl in /home/appfuzio/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php  on line 525

there is no error on the working host

anyone please got any idea something isnt right
Running Rc4

sattninja

ok i was able to do some edits and uninstall the shoutbox and i reinstalled it and now i get 500 error no matter what the permissions are set to i get 500 error
Running Rc4

mrtrc266

Quote from: sattninja on February 23, 2010, 02:54:13 PM
ok i was able to do some edits and uninstall the shoutbox and i reinstalled it and now i get 500 error no matter what the permissions are set to i get 500 error

/chat/index.php
/shoutBox/index.php

These are set to 755....Not just the folders but the actual files?

sattninja

ok they were not i changed them to 755 and i am back at square 1 have the shoutbox and the chat room but whatever i type doesnt show up there are no errors just it is like i never typed anything and i have this error across the top of the chat room

Notice: Undefined variable: scripturl in /home/appfuzio/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php  on line 525
Running Rc4

sattninja

it is so weird everything works i can change the theme in the chat and everything i can pick smileys but whatever i type just doesnt show up in the box

Running Rc4

sodathief

I tried editing the htaccess AND my SMF filemanger wotn let me change CHMOD on those two files. Any workaround? I'm at work and forgot ftp info

sattninja

one thing i just noticed also is when i log into chat on the working host is shows me in the online box and some other info

this is the non working host

Running Rc4

mrtrc266

Stand alone FTP program to change the files is the only other way I know. If they weren't changed then when you get home that should do the trick.

cat farmer

Quote from: cat farmer on February 22, 2010, 10:59:47 PM
have an issue I have not seen answered yet, though 260 pages of reading.. might be hidden in there some where. anyway..
running 1.1.11
installed pretty urls and broke shout, did a couple of other mods that same day, never noticed that shout was broken, until later that day. so .. I uninstalled axjx chat and tried reinstalling,
found the post on pretty URL's and applied that fix, still did not work.
uninstalled again, removed DB entries, manually went through amd removed any traces of what was left over from the chat uninstall. 
reinstalled 3.2.1 and it all went great, had to set permissions on the the index.php(both shout and chat) and it fired right up.. or so I thought.

the issue is CHAT works great, no problems, or non I've found.
But SHOUTBOX only works if I have the "Integrate shout box and chat room?" selected, something I do not want as I don't want chat filling the shoutbox.
the SHOUTBOX just stays blank with with the Integrate shout box and chat room? not selected
no connection errors, no errors in the logs.

what advice can you give me?

Thanks CF

digging a little deeper into my problem, seems that I have a permissions problem. guests can shout, though they do not have the rights. I can take the shoutbox completely away from them, so some selections work. but it seems that premissions is messed up. where are those permissions stored? I have a back up that I can compare to but I could not track down where those are set/held, I found the config file. but it seems to be uneffected by changing options in premissions. 

thanks in advance.

sattninja

ok i have switched to another host not related to this chat issue however it still doesnt work whatever i type does not show up however i can set both folders to 777 like they were on the working host and i get no 500 error anymore but wether they are set to 777 or 755 nothing i type shows up and it shows no users in chat

i would like to completely uninstall this mod then reinstall it however the parser does not give what is edited on RC2 so i have no reference to look at to delete everything manually
Running Rc4

sattninja

well i have been using firefox i decided to try IE and when i type it is giving me an error maybe this will help

(13:14:47) ChatBot: Error: Connection timeout. Please try again.
(13:14:50) ChatBot: Error: Connection timeout. Please try again.
(13:14:53) ChatBot: Error: Connection timeout. Please try again.
(13:14:56) ChatBot: Error: Connection timeout. Please try again.
(13:14:58) ChatBot: Error: Connection timeout. Please try again.
Running Rc4

Advertisement: