News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatari

Quote from: Glowbot on March 06, 2010, 04:05:25 PM
Quote from: SunKing on March 06, 2010, 01:15:46 PM
The permissions are going to be in the regular SMF permissions area, not a chat admin area. Have you made the manual edits to the template files for DilberMC? The package installer only installs to the default theme, so any .template.php that the mod edits, you'll have to manually make those same edits to the .template.php of your custom theme.

ah, no I haven't. I am scared to lol. I know that there is something about 'parse' but I don't know how to get into the manual edits for DilberMC... is this in the "current theme" css area?

I switched to the default core theme and it was working btw, so this is probably the problem right?
So, I clicked on the drop down box that said parse for smf 1.1.11... and what do I do now with this stuff? do I post ALL of this into the areas?
I notice it is just for 1.1.11, and nothing to do with DilberMC (my theme) is something else required for a custom theme?

re: the permissions area
there is nothing in this area, members>permissions... what am I supposed to do there?

I have found it easier to setup a test forum where I try all the mods and tweaks first, when I am happy with them I move them across to the live Forum. Doing that might make life easier as them if you kill the test forum it does not matter, you just take a step back and have another go. :)

RoyalMess

Quote from: RoyalMess on March 06, 2010, 08:06:40 AM
Quote from: SunKing on March 06, 2010, 07:44:40 AM
Quote from: RoyalMess on March 06, 2010, 07:34:36 AM
Ajax is a bad word.
We're all football supporters here in this city and on my site hate Ajax so yes, we would like  to remove any Ajax word even if possible in the root files.
Ajax is just ******, so if it means removing the copyright etc. yes we want it to be gone.
Nothing is worse then the word Ajax.

Bad word or not, it's the copyright, which cannot legally be removed.

Blegh ah well i'll just ignore it then :(
As you can see we get a white line at the top when i change the name in the Language File.

joseflor

Yes, it has all that and not clean cach. This is one thing I do regularlly
I have onother fórum with no problem for this issue. But the one I am tolking about not only misses the Ajax, it all misses all MODs that I install. AEVA and Admin Notpad are examples.

And about good or bad words, please, those are spoken words and copyrights. Respect it if you want to be respected. Friends, OK?

Quote from: Hatari on March 06, 2010, 12:10:43 PM
Quote from: SunKing on March 06, 2010, 07:32:12 AM
You want to go to Admin > Maintenance > Routine > Empty File Cache (or something very similar to that). I am not exactly sure where this can be found in SMF1.1.11.

1.1.11 does not have a File cache in maintenance it has

Optimize all tables to improve performance.
Check all files against current versions.
Find and repair any errors.
Recount all forum totals and statistics.
Empty out unimportant logs.
Convert the database and data to UTF-8

Hope that helps SunKing :)

mrtrc266

Quote from: SunKing on March 04, 2010, 05:23:59 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 09, 2009, 12:23:05 AM
That is a known FireFox issue, ATM there I don't know of a fix for it but it only happens when you first type in a message, then it doenst appear again until you logon to your forum again.

SourceForge is current workin on finding a fix for it.

Hey mrtrc bud, any update on this?

I don't believe so, I haven't checked in awhile but will dig around a bit to see what I can find.

mrtrc266

Quote from: joseflor on March 06, 2010, 06:04:08 AM
My menu is also missed and the Admin area does not show the text for the ajaxchat. See image...
How did you fix this problem

Quote from: BliXem on January 24, 2010, 06:57:37 AM
Hi there, this is really an awesome mod!  I however have a few problems, my Chat button is missing.  I have manually installed the files as required on both my default and custom theme.  The button still wont show in the navigation menu.

I am running smf 1.1.11

Packages installed:

Mod Name                                  Version     
1.    SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update    1.0    
2.    Steam Freinds Status Mod    1.0    
3.    SMF Gallery Lite                    2.0.12    
4.    AjaxChat Integration            3.2.1    
5.    SimplePortal                            2.3.1

Could someone plz assist me in this regard.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2521125#msg2521125

TheListener

Have endless pages with this error which is related to this mod.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.xxxxx/index.php?action=portal;sa=shoutbox;shoutbox_id=1;time=1267944674;xml
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: chat
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/xxxxx/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 4017

3999:     
// Set up the menu privileges.
4000:    
$context['allow_search'] = allowedTo('search_posts');
4001:    
$context['allow_admin'] = allowedTo(array('admin_forum', 'manage_boards', 'sp_admin', 'sp_manage_settings', 'sp_manage_blocks', 'sp_manage_articles', 'sp_manage_pages', 'sp_manage_shoutbox', 'manage_permissions', 'moderate_forum', 'manage_membergroups', 'manage_bans', 'send_mail', 'edit_news', 'manage_attachments', 'manage_smileys'));
4002:    
$context['usercp_enable'] = !$user_info['is_guest'] && $modSettings['usercp_enable'] && allowedTo(array('profile_view_own', 'profile_view_any', 'profile_identity_own', 'profile_identity_any', 'profile_extra_own', 'profile_extra_any', 'profile_remove_own', 'profile_remove_any', 'moderate_forum', 'manage_membergroups'));
4003:    
$context['allow_edit_profile'] = !$user_info['is_guest'] && !$modSettings['usercp_enable'] && allowedTo(array('profile_view_own', 'profile_view_any', 'profile_identity_own', 'profile_identity_any', 'profile_extra_own', 'profile_extra_any', 'profile_remove_own', 'profile_remove_any', 'moderate_forum', 'manage_membergroups'));
4004:    
$context['allow_memberlist'] = allowedTo('view_mlist');
4005:    
$context['allow_calendar'] = allowedTo('calendar_view') && !empty($modSettings['cal_enabled']);
4006:    
$context['allow_view_treasury'] = allowedTo('view_treasury');
4007:    
$context['allow_admin'] .= allowedTo('admin_treasury');
4008:  Blank Line   
4009:     Blank Line   
$context['allow_view_contact'] = allowedTo('view_contact');
4010:     Blank Line   
4011:    
$context['allow_moderation_center'] = $context['user']['can_mod'];
4012:    
$context['allow_pm'] = allowedTo('pm_read');
4013:     Blank Line   
4014:    
$context['show_mytab'] = allowedTo('user_mytab');
4015:    
4016:    
$num = empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo']) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers());
==>4017:    
$chatButton = $txt['chat'];
4018:    
$chatButton .= ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '';
4019:    
$chatLink = str_replace("index.php", "chat/index.php", $scripturl);
4020:    
if (!empty($modSettings['chatPopUp']))
4021:    
$chatLink .= '" onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;';

joseflor

Thank you
I have that code on my language file (Modifications.portuguese-utf8.php). I also add it to the Modifications.english-utf8.php.
Still not working.
Regards
José

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 02, 2010, 06:26:50 PM
Seems like a language issue and you probably have you forum set to UTF-8?

Open Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php
Add this to the top right after <?php

//Begin AjaxChat Integration
$txt['chat'] = 'Chat';
$txt['shoutBox'] = 'ShoutBox';
$txt['chat_aUser'] = ' user is in chat';
$txt['chat_users'] = ' users are in chat:';
$txt['chat_no_user'] = 'No user is in chat.';
$txt['enableShoutBox'] = 'Enable the ShoutBox?';
$txt['enableChatButtonNo'] = 'Enable online chat users numbering on chat button?';
$txt['enableChatBelowPM'] = 'Show online users below total logged in time section?';
$txt['anyPageShoutBox'] = 'Check for ShoutBox on any page or uncheck for only in index page:';
$txt['chatPopUp'] = 'Chat in popup page?';
$txt['miniChat'] = 'Integrate shout box and chat room?';
$txt['permissionname_chat_access'] = 'Access to chat';
$txt['permissionhelp_chat_access'] = 'Users can use the chat or can\'t.';
$txt['permissionname_shout_access'] = 'Can shout';
$txt['permissionhelp_shout_access'] = 'Give access to write in shout box.';
$txt['permissionname_shout_view'] = 'View shoutBox';
$txt['permissionhelp_shout_view'] = 'Give access to view the shoutBox';
$txt['permissionname_shout_mod'] = 'Moderate shoutBox';
$txt['permissionhelp_shout_mod'] = 'Give access to moderate the shoutBox.';
$txt['permissionname_chat_mod'] = 'Moderate chat';
$txt['permissionhelp_chat_mod'] = 'Give access to moderate the chat.';
$txt['permissiongroup_chat'] = 'Chat';
//End AjaxChat Integration

mrtrc266

@joseflor try renaming Shout.english.php to Shout.portuguese.php or Shout.portuguese-utf8.php

mrtrc266

@ Brack, I've been getting that same error since day 1. Not sure how to get rid of it but it's harmless.

[unplugged]

Easy solution? Change that line to this:

$chatButton = 'AJAX Chat';
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

Quote from: SunKing on March 07, 2010, 10:49:12 AM
Easy solution? Change that line to this:

$chatButton = 'AJAX Chat';

LOL, tyvm!

Ooops, that also changes the name of the button to AJAX Chat instead of just Chat

[unplugged]

Hey, you can't win them all.  :P

Try changing it to just $chatButton = 'Chat';.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

Quote from: SunKing on March 07, 2010, 10:58:36 AM
Hey, you can't win them all.  :P

Try changing it to just $chatButton = 'Chat';.

Think I've tried that before, but will change it again and see what happens.

I'll be on your site tonight, have cpl days off and trying to kick the damn flu LOL

[unplugged]

Yeah. Doing that doesn't fix the problem, so much as it avoids the problem...hehehe

The flu huh? Excuses excuses...

cryingsoul

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.  "

I use Forum version: SMF 2.0 RC2..

Trying to install by package installer

Andrew Evenstar

I have a question. I've already installed ajax chat and the integration.

For some reason when I try to enter the chat, it says:

Error: Invalid channel name: Public

I dont know if I screwed something up in the chat config file.... but it DOES work when I switch the channel to a board forum name.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Can I just have it where it defaults to login to the name of a forum board?

Thanks.

joseflor

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 07, 2010, 10:05:44 AM
@joseflor try renaming Shout.english.php to Shout.portuguese.php or Shout.portuguese-utf8.php

I've done it. I end up with the three files there, but didn't solve the problem.
This www.ozflor.com/xx/ [nofollow] works fine with it but the www.ozflor.com/xx/ [nofollow] and www.ozflor.com/xx/ [nofollow] does not work. In the last fórum, I have others mods that have the same problem. It seams (in my opinion and I don't understand webmaster nor php) that it is other problem other them Ajax.

Thank you

Later edit:
Problem solved.
I looked the other forum files and I found that the problem was the file name. It is Shout.portuguese_pt-utf8.php to differentiate from the Brazilian language.

Many thanks

ErnieB

Simple fix is to use the mod "load standard language"   this will then show the text for what each check box is for.

Quote from: joseflor on March 06, 2010, 06:04:08 AM
My menu is also missed and the Admin area does not show the text for the ajaxchat. See image...
How did you fix this problem

Quote from: BliXem on January 24, 2010, 06:57:37 AM
Hi there, this is really an awesome mod!  I however have a few problems, my Chat button is missing.  I have manually installed the files as required on both my default and custom theme.  The button still wont show in the navigation menu.

I am running smf 1.1.11

Packages installed:

Mod Name                                  Version     
1.    SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update    1.0    
2.    Steam Freinds Status Mod    1.0    
3.    SMF Gallery Lite                    2.0.12    
4.    AjaxChat Integration            3.2.1    
5.    SimplePortal                            2.3.1

Could someone plz assist me in this regard.

ErnieB

Sorry for the double post, i thought i had seen somewhere but now i cant find it. How would we give chat mod capabilities to individual members?

Diagram

Anyone got modifications for the chat that prevents flooding?
I'm thinking about captcha, or a 60 second automatic ban everytime someone's gives a shout for 3 times with a duration of 1 second per shout (kinda like copy pasting)

Advertisement: