News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopao

Hello,

Ajax chat Integration_3.2.1 can not be installed in SMF 2.0, when I install the following error messages:

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Ajax chat Integration_3.2.1 is compatible with SMF 2.0 ?
where is the file?

Thank you
Fali

Martingonnella

Mopao, You can use the "Advanced" Tab at the bottom of Package Manager to change to RC3 or RC4. See if that works. There may need to do some Manual Coding using the Parse for 2.0. I think "Hunter", the person who posted before you is doing a New Version for 2.0 so it might be easier to wait until it's completed. Is that correct Hunter?

Mart

.HuNTeR.

yes
but i might take 1 week or 2 until a stable version

Martingonnella

Absolutely, you take your time Buddy.

Do you know if a better Administration on the chat is something your looking into and a better interface? I'm being noosy lol but other will want to know too lol

Mopao

Quote from: .HuNTeR. on July 29, 2011, 12:44:54 AM
yes
but i might take 1 week or 2 until a stable version

@.HuNTeR.

A stable version for SMF 2.0 ?

Mopao

Quote from: Martingonnella on July 28, 2011, 03:54:58 PM
Mopao, You can use the "Advanced" Tab at the bottom of Package Manager to change to RC3 or RC4. See if that works. There may need to do some Manual Coding using the Parse for 2.0. I think "Hunter", the person who posted before you is doing a New Version for 2.0 so it might be easier to wait until it's completed. Is that correct Hunter?
Mart

Tab at the bottom of Package Manager to change to RC3 or RC4 I can not find.
Another idea??

.HuNTeR.

@Mopao
yes the next version is only for 2.0

@Martingonnella
what do you mean by better administration and interface?

Mopao

Martingonnella

Sorry Hunter.. I meant 'Neat and Tidy' etc ... Better tight permission for Guests to only view, members to see, etc.. Just make it look professional, which I'm sure you already know.. Smart guy, etc lol I couldn't code to save my life ahaa lol .. I did not lice things line the line of smily face were
Not aligned correctly.. It's just small things which you can fix up and update it.. Nice one dude

[unplugged]

Quote from: Mopao on July 29, 2011, 03:02:15 AM
Quote from: Martingonnella on July 28, 2011, 03:54:58 PM
Mart

Tab at the bottom of Package Manager to change to RC3 or RC4 I can not find.
Another idea??

If you go to your package manager and look at the bottom right below the list of packages, there should be a link titled "Advanced". Click that and input the version you are wanting to emulate.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

SN95Forums

Hey all,

Im having an issue, I exported my database with this deactivated but not un-installed.

What I need to know is what does this modify in my database so I can MANUALLY erase it?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

[unplugged]

Is there any particular reason you've asked this in at least 3 separate (and unrelated) threads?

Start your own topic (just one) and ask in general how to manually clean up a database. ;)
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

[unplugged]

Yes, and typically that is appropriate. But that does not mean that if you have 100 mods installed, you copy/paste the same question 100 times. :o

Try starting a more generalized topic about cleaning your database, then, if any questions are remaining, maybe ask the specific mod's author.

EDIT: For those wondering, no, I am not talking to myself. It seems a post or two has wandered off...

Blackylol

I cant remember if the outdatted version had this but Let it is use smileys from the forum
Full Color select if possible! like smfpack shoutbox is great!
Show in real time a list of users online in the shoutbox without going to the standalone chat
A mute sounds button
Larger text box :B

All this in the forum side

just suggestions! Thanks
SMF 2.0.2

PLAYBOY

Error 500 has been solved. How? I upgraded my shared hosting service. My error 500 was caused by insufficient memory.

hcfwesker

Sun-King, thanx for coming back to the ajax support, bro. 

I have a question.  How would I place the shoutbox on ONE board, like if I just wanted it to be placed in a board with a boardID of 7

PLAYBOY

How can i hide the chat in main tab from the people who doesnt have permission to enter?

[unplugged]

@hcfwesker

Surround the call to the shoutbox/index.php with
if($context['current_board'] == 1){
...call...
}

where 1 is the ID of the board and ...call... is the call to the shoutbox/index.php.

@PLAYBOY
Open Subs.php and find 'chat' => array(
'title' => $chatButton,
'href' => $chatLink,
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),

change it to 'chat' => array(
'title' => $chatButton,
'href' => $chatLink,
'show' => allowedTo('chat_access'),
'sub_buttons' => array(
),

hcfwesker

Quote from: PLAYBOY on July 31, 2011, 06:25:00 PM
How can i hide the chat in main tab from the people who doesnt have permission to enter?

Just a hunch. 

Sources/Subs.php

Find this

'chat' => array(
'title' => $chatButton,
'href' => $chatLink,
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

change this line
'show' => true,

to this
'show' => allowedTo('chat_access'),

that's the best i could come up with

Once you edit, just test it on your account to make sure it shows, then test it as a guest to see if it's removed.   Just revert the line back to normal if it doesn't work.

EDIT:::  ^^^ Ninja'd by SunKing  :D

And, thanx for the edits, S-K, i'll try them out, asap.

Martingonnella

QuoteHow can i hide the chat in main tab from the people who doesnt have permission to enter?

Worked like a Charm. Thanks!

Advertisement: