AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martingonnella

Hi,

I did notice even though I have unchecked ALL the options in Modification Settings -> Chat.....is still shows the "Chat" button in the toolbar? Can that be changed to remove the Chat button when ALL boxes are unchecked and it re-appears when options are ALL checked?

Thanks

hcfwesker

Quote from: Martingonnella on July 31, 2011, 06:52:26 PM
Hi,

I did notice even though I have unchecked ALL the options in Modification Settings -> Chat.....is still shows the "Chat" button in the toolbar? Can that be changed to remove the Chat button when ALL boxes are unchecked and it re-appears when options are ALL checked?

Thanks

Most likely because you are the Administrator.  It will always show for YOU ( the Admin), no matter what permissions you uncheck ;)   make a regular member account, and test.  I'm sure it's removed for everyone else on your site that's not an Admin.

hcfwesker

Quote from: SunKing on July 31, 2011, 06:38:08 PM
@hcfwesker

Surround the call to the shoutbox/index.php with
if($context['current_board'] == 1){
...call...
}

where 1 is the ID of the board and ...call... is the call to the shoutbox/index.php.

I couldn't find the call, which i thought was normally in the themes index.template.php file.

[unplugged]

you might try opening the shoutbox/index.php and surrounding the whole file in that then. There should be a call somewhere, but that'll work for you too.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Martingonnella

Just tested it now. Happens on all Regular, Global Moderators too..Any ideas please.. Thank you so much

Quote from: hcfwesker on July 31, 2011, 07:23:31 PM
Quote from: Martingonnella on July 31, 2011, 06:52:26 PM
Hi,

Thanks

Most likely because you are the Administrator.  It will always show for YOU ( the Admin), no matter what permissions you uncheck ;)   make a regular member account, and test.  I'm sure it's removed for everyone else on your site that's not an Admin.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Martingonnella on July 31, 2011, 07:39:13 PM
Just tested it now. Happens on all Regular, Global Moderators too..Any ideas please.. Thank you so much

That's because you can't Remove the Chat from the Mod Settings page. the Main chat is ALWAYS available as long as members have the permissions.  Only way to remove the button from members, is to remove their permissions to access it ....  (plus having the custom edit we provided you with to hide the chat button from those who dont have permissions).

@ SunKing, here's the entire file, not too big, and i wrapped it in what i believed was the call

<?php
/*
 * @package AJAX_Chat
 * @author Sebastian Tschan
 * @copyright (c) Sebastian Tschan
 * @license GNU Affero General Public License
 * @link https://blueimp.net/ajax/
 */
if($context['current_board'] == 9){
if (!
$_GET['shoutbox']){
$host  $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
$uri   rtrim(dirname(dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])), '/\\');
$extra 'chat/index.php';
header("Location: http://$host$uri/$extra");
}
}
// Show all errors:
error_reporting(E_ALL);

// Path to the chat directory:
define('AJAX_CHAT_PATH'dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']).'/');

// Include custom libraries and initialization code:
require(AJAX_CHAT_PATH.'lib/custom.php');

// Include Class libraries:
require(AJAX_CHAT_PATH.'lib/classes.php');

// Initialize the chat:
$ajaxChat = new CustomAJAXChat();
?>

and also wrapped around the whole file, but still only shows on the home page

Martingonnella

Iuri Morandini

I try to write and nothing happened

when I click it appears chat

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/Settings.php:1) in /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/Settings.php:1) in /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/Settings.php:1) in /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 41

PLAYBOY

Quote from: Martingonnella on July 31, 2011, 06:48:46 PM
QuoteHow can i hide the chat in main tab from the people who doesnt have permission to enter?

Worked like a Charm. Thanks!

Same here. Thx Guys.

Blackylol

Quote from: Iuri Morandini on July 31, 2011, 09:05:58 PM
I try to write and nothing happened

when I click it appears chat

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/Settings.php:1) in /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/Settings.php:1) in /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/Settings.php:1) in /home/MYSITE/public_html/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 41

check that there are no blank lines before <? and after ?>

I believe there is blank line in the settings.php file line 1, delete it
SMF 2.0.2

hcfwesker

Strange thing.  when i check the option to Integrate the chat & shoutbox, the shoutbox works fine.   then when I uncheck it, I get the 500 Connection Error.  I've set all the files to 755, and nothing has changed.  I don't want the two to Integrate, any suggestions?

arreferee

I have a few basic questions about this mod.  I'm sure they have probably been answered somewhere in the previous 400 pages, but I haven't had time to look through it.

1.  Does this chat allow the users of the board to be automatically logged into the chat room? 
2.  I would like to force them to use their usernames on the forum.  Is this possible?
3.  Is this simply a person to person chat or is it truly a chat room where many members can be in it at the same time?
4.  Is there a current demo site where I can see this chat room at work?

I think that's it for now.  Thanks in advance.

TheListener

Quote from: arreferee on August 02, 2011, 05:13:26 PM
I have a few basic questions about this mod.  I'm sure they have probably been answered somewhere in the previous 400 pages, but I haven't had time to look through it.

1.  Does this chat allow the users of the board to be automatically logged into the chat room? 
2.  I would like to force them to use their usernames on the forum.  Is this possible?
3.  Is this simply a person to person chat or is it truly a chat room where many members can be in it at the same time?

1.No. ( I may be wrong)

2. Yes

3. 100 person limit

4. You can view mine at www.miltonkeynesaware.co.cc/mkaforum

arreferee

Quote from: Brack1 on August 02, 2011, 05:25:24 PM
Quote from: arreferee on August 02, 2011, 05:13:26 PM

1.No. ( I may be wrong)

2. Yes

3. 100 person limit

4. You can view mine at www.miltonkeynesaware.co.cc/mkaforum

Thanks for the reply. 

2.  How do you force the users to login with their usernames?

3.  100 person limit will be plenty for now.

4.  When I checked out your site, it logged me in as a guest...it just gave me a 6-7 digit number.  Is there a way to ensure that guests aren't allowed into the chat room this way?

TheListener

That has to be the worse test I have ever seen.

If you had spoken to me instead of plain ignoring me I would of answered any questions you had there.

Also I would of shown you a few examples of edits which are possible.

1. It is automatic

Guests have the ability to change their number into a name.

Also ( and this is an edit I was going to share) a word filter can be added and an afk ( away from keyboard) message can be left.

arreferee

Quote from: Brack1 on August 02, 2011, 05:33:37 PM
That has to be the worse test I have ever seen.

If you had spoken to me instead of plain ignoring me I would of answered any questions you had there.

Also I would of shown you a few examples of edits which are possible.

1. It is automatic

Guests have the ability to change their number into a name.

Also ( and this is an edit I was going to share) a word filter can be added and an afk ( away from keyboard) message can be left.

Sorry.  I didn't see where anyone else was logged into the chat room.  I'll try to give it a shot later and see if anyone else is in the room.

Blackylol

I've tested this chat and a normal javascript shoutbox in a Pentium 4 3.0

To test the CPU usage I spammed each chat separately with me alone, and the Ajax one makes the apache process take to 60~90% of cpu but the java no-ajax one takes from 25 to 35% UNLESS i open like 10 tabs at same time with 500 ms refresh time...

That means the ajaxchat consumes more resources than a non ajax ? the non ajax one is smfpacks shoutbox.

Is this a script problem, something wrong in my config, or is just because is ajax?
SMF 2.0.2

hcfwesker

Quote from: arreferee on August 02, 2011, 05:29:25 PM

2.  How do you force the users to login with their usernames?

You can edit a file that makes it so users of the forum can't change their name in the chat.

Is there a way to ensure that guests aren't allowed into the chat room this way?

Yes, the same file you'd edit, can negate guests from accessing the chat.

[unplugged]

@hcfwesker
I remember this being an issue for quite some time now and possibly no current workaround for it.

@arreferee
Here's a demo (username:admin    password:admin)
http://chat.ecobytes.net/

@Brack1
Calm down.

@Blackylol
It's an AJAX thing.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

arreferee

Quote from: SunKing on August 02, 2011, 09:20:51 PM
@arreferee
Here's a demo (username:admin    password:admin)
http://chat.ecobytes.net/

@Blackylol
It's an AJAX thing.

SunKing,

Thank you for the demo.  It looks good.  I like the functionality and ability to change the look of it. 

About Blackylol's comment and your response...I don't think my host will like it too much if I use up all of their resources.  Is there are way around it with this mod?

Advertisement: