AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.HuNTeR.

Link to Mod
By Shahriar Gholami
This mod will install AjaxChat on your smf.

Tested on freshly installed smf 1.1.10/2.0 RC1.2

Demo
username:admin
password:admin

Features:
Adds a button to chat system in default theme.
Access/Moderate permission.
chat in a pop up page or a regular page.
Shows the number of chating users in:
    1. Online Users section.
    2. Beside of chat button.
    3. Below of total time logged in.
    number 2 and 3 can disabled.

adds a shoutbox.(you can disable it)
    View/Shout/Moderate permission.
    can set to only in index page or all pages.
    compatible with your theme.
    Bold Italic Underline bb codes and smiley.
    collapsible.
    can integrate shout box and chat room to work together and show same conversation.

thanks mrtrc266 for his great support on this mod.

4Kstore

Thanks, this is a beatiful mod.

Spanish Traduction:

//Users in chat
$txt['user_in_chat']=' Usuario en el Chat:';
$txt['users_in_chat']='Usuarios en el Chat:';
$txt['no_user_in_chat']='No hay usuarios en el chat';

Baiis (!)

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

.HuNTeR.

thanks 4kstore
spanish translation added

if anynody have an idea for new features i will be glad to know

senyorito

Kimmie

tried to click the link in the original post but the site wont load. Can you post screenshots of what this is supposed to look like? Where does the chat show up? Are there any admin settings for it?

ron351

I installed this and the ajax chat but don't seem to see how to get a link to the chat to become available.
I have added the lines to the boardindex template and boardindex and language file.
I do see where it says at the bottom of the forum that no one is in chat.
But how in the world do I get something easy for my users to enter the ajax chat?
I am using a theme by Nesianstyles called Blackday which I don't think would make a difference.
Any suggestions on what to do to get this chat going easily for my users?
I tink it is a super mod if I can get it to run from my forum.
I have 1.15 version.
Thanks Ron

mashby

I installed ajaxchat and then this mod. I put a link in the Global Headers and Footers mod (in the footer) to make the link available on any page. I absolutely love this one. Top notch and well integrated with SMF. A+(infinity)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Urbanite

I don't want to pour cold water on anybody's Mod as I am of the opinion that if Modders go to the effort of putting it together they deserve a lot of praise, so great work Shahriar!

Just throwing my opinion into the mix; my recent post on the various "Chat Mods" have all been related to servers and loads that any server side chat brings to bear on your server.

This is a quote straight from the ajax-chat wiki "If you want to have a real chat server you should go for IRC or Jabber."

Just to advise anyone who may want to have a 'sizeable chat' on their site that you need to be looking into these as opposed to 'hosting your own chat'

The limitations are in and around ~50 concurrent users for most shared servers although with the ajax-chat there is the means to increase the 'live chat' delay, so these bounds can in theory at least be extended.

It's all good right?

Just when you finally get it idiot proof ...along comes a bigger idiot!

n0s4ra2

Thank you so much I have tried to figure this out for days. Finally a mod for it. Thank you.

I am having one problem I'm using a different theme and I got it working but on my index page it shows the user in chat and how many it just doesn't show the words (user in chat)

n0s4ra2

I fixed it in the manual instructions it hast to change --------Modifications.english.php
But my board is using a file labeled -------Modifications.english-utf8.php

Thanks again for this mod

Lady Bug

Does anyone know what kind of bandwidth this Ajax program consumes?

Normano

I like the mod, if I could get it working
swedish translated
//Users in chat
$txt['user_in_chat']=' Användaren är i chatten:';
$txt['users_in_chat']=' Användare i chatten:';
$txt['no_user_in_chat']=' Inga användare är i chatten.';

mashby

Initially I had this linked in the footer using the Global Headers/Footers mod and it's working great there. I wanted to make this a tab though that works like the PM tab, so if 3 people are in chat, the tab would read CHAT[3]. And with no one in there, it would just read CHAT. I have the tab logic down to accomplish this, but I think I need to globalize the context. At the moment, the context only works when on the FORUMS tab as the context is defined on the BoardIndex.template file (I also have TinyPortal installed, so it's not the HOME tab). Where should I put the code to make the context global?
(I'm running 1.1.5 with many mods.)
- James M. Barrie

mashby

I ended up putting the code from the code inserted on the BoardIndex source file in the index.template file for all of the themes I have installed. Is there a danger in putting database calls in a file NOT in the /Sources/ folder? It's working like a charm, but I'm left wondering if putting DB calls in a theme file is OK from a security standpoint.
- James M. Barrie

edi67

intersting i hope to see soon release for smf 2.0 thx
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

kifow

I installed it succefully but In the forum index page i have this error:
Table 'myBD.ajax_chat_online' doesn't exist
Archivo: /home/myFTP/public_html/foro/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Línea: 346

Smythe

Wish someone would update this.... I need to see how Ajax is supposed to look when integrated into SMF.
I tried it on my own once and was not over thrilled with the end results. Might have done it wrong....

Anyone ???

bfeo

This seems better than IRC, and it shouldn't matter either way if you have sufficient web resources for your website.

cfp85

Quote from: ron351 on August 27, 2008, 11:21:51 PM
I installed this and the ajax chat but don't seem to see how to get a link to the chat to become available.
I have added the lines to the boardindex template and boardindex and language file.
I do see where it says at the bottom of the forum that no one is in chat.
But how in the world do I get something easy for my users to enter the ajax chat?
I am using a theme by Nesianstyles called Blackday which I don't think would make a difference.
Any suggestions on what to do to get this chat going easily for my users?
I tink it is a super mod if I can get it to run from my forum.
I have 1.15 version.
Thanks Ron

i just installed it and having the same thing .. version 1.1.5 with default theme

Smythe

the irc is nice and might be the way to go to alleviate bandwidth issues, but bear in mind you might want to set up a permanent bot in the room you create in IRC  to keep peeps from stealing the room from you and what have ya.

Alternatively, FlashChat integration is pretty simple and from what I can see works great. Works just like IRC chat with more control. You can set up private rooms with passwords, you can set it up as a customer service type chat with a que. Also it pulls all the user data from your site so when people click the chat button, it logs them in no problem ... or they can log in separately with the login and password they already have within the site. Transfers admins in too!!  :D , and little bandwidth usage.... so far. Its $5 buck to obtain and sometimes you can find it floating out there on the internet too....  ;D .... come on tho.... $5 bucks.... thats a steal in itself. I had mine up and running in no time, and it can be integrated right into the theme of your site ......Highly recommend it.

Advertisement: