AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Quote from: LT07 on February 11, 2009, 06:49:52 PM
I installed this mod on my forum (1.1.8) and it works fine for the default theme but any other theme just crashes (but only when you visit the home directory)

Any ideas?

I was having the same exact problem, I had to do the manual edits for all my themes to get it to work.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1926709#msg1926709

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1926854#msg1926854

syntaxera

I'm reinstlling now...  so i can load the scripts you guys worked on fresh into the custom theme.
I figured I would get chat to work... THEN mod the custom theme...

Anything I should know before doing this?

mrtrc266

Quote from: syntaxera on February 11, 2009, 06:40:31 PM
I'm going to reload the board from scratch i guess :-/

See what happens...

thank god i did not do this on the main site yet

Not sure if you saw my post but I have this working perfectly on your Multi Blue Theme on a fresh install of SMF 118.

When you're done installing your theme, then AJAX Chat, then AJAX Chat Intergration and then immediately replace these 3 files in your /Themes/Multi Blue directory

You can jump in and check it out if you like.

Username: test
Password: testuser

http://www.monsters-mansion.com/test118/index.php

Attatched is the edited files for Multi Blue

BoardIndex.template
index.template
style

syntaxera

so far... working perfect in the DEFAULT THEME  (love this mod.. gotta get it to work in custom.)

so I will hold my breath and install the custom theme and the editted files...  wish me luck  :)

syntaxera

it was working for a second... i closed the browser and now nothing is coming up.

is that site workin for you guys?   www.DeadTix.info [nofollow]

mrtrc266

Quote from: syntaxera on February 11, 2009, 07:51:46 PM
it was working for a second... i closed the browser and now nothing is coming up.

is that site workin for you guys?   www.DeadTix.info

Yeah I've been lookin at it for the last 30 minutes waiting to see the shoutbox pop up :-) It's still up for me.

syntaxera

weird... wasnt loading on on IE.  Is now... looks great.

The background image for the CHAT TAB does not come up on safari and firefox...  and idea?

And how to I start the shout box?  (forgive my dumbness... can't find the options in the admin lol)

syntaxera

and you version of the script does not make you login to the chat when it's clicked and shows the number of users in the CHAT TAB.

I assume I am missing that in the control window as well...   lol
Or maybe I installed the wrong version of AJAZ chat.

do you the direct link to the SMF AJAX CHAT...  I am rather sure I grabbed the right one, but there must a reason behind these errors... and why it was not working when the theme was modded.

I really want to add it to www.PhishTix.info  (1000 members just this week) BUT I am freaked out to mess with it.  I would hate to see it crash and have to reload it again like the deadtix site.

mrtrc266

Quote from: syntaxera on February 11, 2009, 08:27:31 PM
and you version of the script does not make you login to the chat when it's clicked and shows the number of users in the CHAT TAB.

do you the direct link to the SMF AJAX CHAT...  I am rather sure I grabbed the right one, but there must a reason behind these errors... and why it was not working when the theme was modded.

I really want to add it to www.PhishTix.info  (1000 members just this week) BUT I am freaked out to mess with it.  I would hate to see it crash and have to reload it again like the deadtix site.

Go here and login with username: test password: testuser

http://www.monsters-mansion.com/test118/index.php

mrtrc266

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 11, 2009, 08:40:05 PM
Quote from: syntaxera on February 11, 2009, 08:27:31 PM

WOOOHOOOOO Site #1 is up and running! WTG!

MarineSniper

Something happened to my chat.

- The Online Users box doesn't show the online users, including my administrator account

- When I type in text and hit enter or submit, the message never show up, but there is no error message.

- None of the icons work either: i.e. smilies, BBcode buttons etc.

Does anyone know if there is a way to refresh this, or some how fix it?

My site is http://mobland.comyr.com/index.php for somereason you have to be a member to access chat but chat is http://mobland.comyr.com/chat/index.php

Thanks

segvon2003

I am trying to download it but it says Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM chelky_IC_20090205_023412.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: Table 'chelky_IC_20090205_023412.ajax_chat_online' doesn't exist Error-Code: 1146

when I go to the chat/index.php

MarineSniper

ummm i know it does not work in firefox that i have not figured out at all but i am attaching a picture of the chat i cannot type or do anything no one can. i have uninstalled the mod and deleted the chat in the server and re uploaded the chat to the server ran the install.php. and then re added the mod and applied it but still nothing

segvon2003

MarineSniper

well now i have tried 2 more browsers google chrome and firefox and i get all kinds of errors when i log into my site and then go to my chat. chat box comes up in ie 7 but you cannot type see users or anything

MarineSniper

Okay i did a complete fresh install and viola the chat worked. but then when i went into my admin panel and made new boards the chat stopped working it will load up but you cannot type anything or do nothing anyone have any ideas.

mrtrc266

Quote from: MarineSniper on February 12, 2009, 10:30:32 AM
Okay i did a complete fresh install and viola the chat worked. but then when i went into my admin panel and made new boards the chat stopped working it will load up but you cannot type anything or do nothing anyone have any ideas.

If you really don't need or want all you boards as channels, you can try this an see if that works.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1924652#msg1924652

MarineSniper

you will find the settings here /public_html/chat/lib/config.php and find

// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:
$config['limitChannelList'] = null;

okay what do i need to change in that section or is that the way it should look to just have the public channel because that is the only channel that i need

mrtrc266

@ MarineSniper

you will find the settings here /public_html/chat/lib/config.php and find

// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:
$config['limitChannelList'] = null;

You would then replace that code with something like this. Of course you would change your board number to what board you want to use array(33,) and you could add channels/boards by seperating with a comma.
This is an example of mine.
$config['limitChannelList'] = array(33,);

MarineSniper

okay i am going to change it to array(0,) that is what my default public board is i am installing a clean version of smf with new database right now and then i am going to create all my boards and then install the chat script and then the mod i hope it works this time

Advertisement: