AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikungfu

Quote from: SunKing on May 31, 2009, 01:35:54 PM
Typically, if you do not have [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ], then that means the mod was already installed on a previous version of your forum. Just because a mod isn't showing, doesn't mean it isn't working. ;)

Using FTP, check to see if there is a chat folder and shoutbox folder in your forum's root folder. Look for something like /forum/chat/ or smf/chat/. You can also check the database for tables such as ajax_chat_messages or ajax_shoutbox_online.

Hey Sunking,

What Eduardo is saying is true and I don't think he means that he had previously had this mod instaled on a previous smf installation.

I for one, have the same problem: I never installed this mod in my life and I get the same result in my packages panel, after uploading this mod: No [apply mod] option!

What I have in common with Eduardo is that I also have 1.1.9 installed. In fact I don't see in this mod's page, that it has been tested on 1.1.9. Only 1.1.8 and 2.0 RC1. Version 1.1.9 is the latest release so, that may be the thing.

Could you please check what's happening?

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

You need to extract the zip and update the package-info where it says install for = and unistall for =
to 1.1.9 or 2.0 RC1-1. And repack the files after editing back into a zip and upload to the package manager. Look a few pages back there is a link to this made by mrtrc266
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

mikungfu

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on May 31, 2009, 09:10:29 PM
You need to extract the zip and update the package-info where it says install for = and unistall for =
to 1.1.9 or 2.0 RC1-1. And repack the files after editing back into a zip and upload to the package manager. Look a few pages back there is a link to this made by mrtrc266

Thanks! :) I hope Eduardo reads this too! ;)

mikungfu

Second thoughts, I've tried it and now get a different problem: I click on [apply mod] which now shows, but nothing happens!.. It returns me to the same page... It simply recycles the page!

I've even run file_check.php and corrected the settings.english.php which wasn't ending on ?>,

But I keep getting this problem while trying to apply this mod!

Krandall

Quote from: SunKing on May 27, 2009, 11:49:36 PM
It can be implemented just as you have it as long as you envelope the main ajaxchat function inside that code.

Something like:

global $board;

if(isset($board) && $board==21 || $board==22 || $board==23 || $board==24 || $board==32 || $board==33 || $board==55) {

whatever_the_main_ajax_finction_is();

}

The ajaxchat function resides inside the if (isset($board)) { ... } part. Hope that moves you in the right direction anyway. ;)

I'm a noob... I tried it. but I can't figure it out.

[unplugged]

@Krandall

You could try setting up the shoutbox as a function as I posted a few posts up, then wrap the shoutbox(); inside the if(isset($board) && $board==21 || $board==22 || $board==23 || $board==24 || $board==32 || $board==33 || $board==55) {....}

Would look something like:

if(isset($board) && $board==21 || $board==22 || $board==23 || $board==24 || $board==32 || $board==33 || $board==55) {
shoutbox();
}

« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

victoryrock

mrtc,

After all that you have done to install it on my Forum, I need to upgrade to 1.1.9.
Do you think it will mess the things that you have done to it?

victory
Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 27, 2009, 05:16:47 PM

You are all set Victory.....ENJOY!  ;)

[unplugged]

@victoryrock

If the upgrade has no parse errors, then it should be fine. I have 119 mods on my site including this chat and did the 2.0 version of the upgrade without a single parse error.  ;D
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mikungfu

Now, let me see if we can get this right: As far as I understand, one needs to have Ajax Chat installed, before applying this mode. I hadn't understood that at first, and I had never installed Ajax Chat before. Maybe it's because of that that it wasn't working... ::)

But now that I tried to install the Ajax Chat, I get another error. When I point the browser to http://www.mydomain.com/forum/chat/install.php, I get the following:

"Query: CREATE TABLE ajax_chat_online ( userID INT(11) NOT NULL, userName VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, userRole INT(1) NOT NULL, channel INT(11) NOT NULL, dateTime DATETIME NOT NULL, ip VARBINARY(16) NOT NULL ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin; Error-Report: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin' at line 8 Error-Code: 1064"

Also, when I point to http://www.mydomain.com/forum/chat/index.php I get:

"Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM thanatos_smf.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: Table 'thanatos_smf.ajax_chat_online' doesn't exist Error-Code: 1146"

I know that I should probably better look for support for this in the Ajax website, but the truth is that I'm only concerned with this in the scope of installing this mod.

Therefore I seriously count on some help here regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance!

No you dont need the chat before getting this mod. This mod installs the chat and shoutbox.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!

mrtrc266

@ mikungfu  this is correct
Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 01, 2009, 03:54:47 PM
No you dont need the chat before getting this mod. This mod installs the chat and shoutbox.

You simply download the .zip file fromt the link below. Upload it via your Package Manager, click install be sure all files pass the test, click apply mod.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2075610#msg2075610

Thank you SunKing and ChatterBox for you help here.

ChatterBox please forgive but what is the prob you're having with you're smilies?

mikungfu

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 01, 2009, 03:54:47 PM

Then it's even worse than I thought because somehow, I have tried a dozen times to click on [apply mod] and absolutely nothing happens, I mean, the pages refreshes as if something is going to happen but it brings me back to the same page, with the link [apply mod] still available.

Shall I try the manual install, parsing the files and seeing how it goes?

mrtrc266

@ mikungfu

You could try that but first I would go make sure that you DO NOT have the /chat folder in your forums root directory. Also go drop the AJAX Chat table from your DB.

mikungfu

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 01, 2009, 05:41:41 PM
@ mikungfu

You could try that but first I would go make sure that you DO NOT have the /chat folder in your forums root directory. Also go drop the AJAX Chat table from your DB.

Ooops, what do you mean?.. NOT having the chat folder in the root directory??.. But I though that that was what I was supposed to do... In the Parsing instructions for the directories it says "chat will be copied to $boarddir "

Where should I have it then?

Also, in the parsing instructions it says "PHP script to execute: Tables_1.1.X.php". I don't understand this instruction... How do I execute it?

I'm sure I must be missing a few things here...

Last but not least: Forgive my ignorance, but how do I look for and drop the table in my DB. Did I create a DB table in my installation attempts or something?

mrtrc266

@ mikungfu

Sorry was referring to your prevoius post where you had ran the install.php and uploaded the /chat folder. If you were going to do it manually I meant for you to remove the chat folder and drop the tables first before you proceeded, then install manually.

Sending PM

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 01, 2009, 04:22:50 PM

Thank you SunKing and ChatterBox for you help here.

ChatterBox please forgive but what is the prob you're having with you're smilies?
No Problem. I am always one to support a great mod!

The problem I am having I am noticing is not just with the chat but SP as well. It is with a few things. I made a test site (a second database and a testsite folder inside off public_html so it runs from the same host) and when I copied over the files and made a exact replica database and got it all working I noticed the chat smileys and like the dots and such in the SP are message up. It is using the text code for them but not showing the images. If you want me to make you a admin test account on my test site then PM me so you can see what I mean and I will make you an account on the test site.

Chit-Chat ChatterBox

mikungfu

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 01, 2009, 06:20:20 PM
@ mikungfu

Sorry was referring to your prevoius post where you had ran the install.php and uploaded the /chat folder. If you were going to do it manually I meant for you to remove the chat folder and drop the tables first before you proceeded, then install manually.

Sending PM

I'd like to take this moment to express my most intense and sincere grattitude to mrtrc266 for his untiring support!! :D :D :D

This wonderful and dedicated smf crusader never gave up his efforts untill he found the problem solution. As I suspected it took quite some time, but thanks to his generous help, it got sorted out!

The main problem apparently was that my PHP at my server was not set to UTF-8 Characters. Solution: At Tables_1.1.X.php, emoving the final lines from each entry that ended with:

"DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin
", __FILE__, __LINE__);

...did the trick.

I would also like to thank .HuNTeR. for creating this wonderful Mod and also Sunking and Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss for their intensive support on this issue.

Finally I would like to thank the smf community for all the work and wonderful support provided. :)

Edited: I was crediting authorship of this Mod to Sunking instead of .HuNTeR.. I've corrected it above by editing the post.

No Problem! We all try to do our best.

P.S.
Sunking what mod is he talking about?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

mrtrc266

Thanks for the kind words mikungfu.

Damn...That was a tough one LOL. The problem seemed to be PHP version 4.4.4 and not being  set to UTF-8 like had to remove DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin from the DB query.

Glad it's up and runnin for ya . Now that it's over I can tell you that this was the first time I manually installed DB Tables LMAO! And your site is still running ....PHEW!!!

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 01, 2009, 10:49:38 PM
Sunking what mod is he talking about?
I think he thinks SK made this Mod  :D  I know he's makin some Mods for the Mod though ;)

Ok, Chatterbox here I come

If you register on my site there is a chat room. I am in the chat room.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Advertisement: