News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre™

Quote from: mrtrc266 on November 10, 2009, 02:20:47 PM
Yeah, it seems like it will take quite a bit for to work with RC2, will just have to wait for Hunter to update it.

Briefly looking at it, there doesn't seem to be a large amount to change, but I guess we can ask if he is working on it. If not, I'm sure he wont mind if somebody updates it to work for RC2, until he officially releases the package.

@ ardd
That's a pretty strange issue.
You can create a topic in [THIS] board for support for it, or in its official thread located [HERE].
I and others will follow it there buddy, so as to not flood this section :)
For now, remove that code, then point to the arcade in your browser..
eg. h**p://your site name.com/index.php?action=arcade

Still the same?
I suspect it will be, but you never know.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

mrtrc266

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 10, 2009, 04:56:16 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on November 10, 2009, 02:20:47 PM
Yeah, it seems like it will take quite a bit for to work with RC2, will just have to wait for Hunter to update it.

Briefly looking at it, there doesn't seem to be a large amount to change, but I guess we can ask if he is working on it. If not, I'm sure he wont mind if somebody updates it to work for RC2, until he officially releases the package.

I'm sure he would be grateful to have someone port it and attach here until he can get around to it

I've had to do that in the past for a cpl versions. I wouldn't know what to do w/ this one though.

Robert F

Sabre™

Quote from: mrtrc266 on November 10, 2009, 05:02:05 PM
I'm sure he would be grateful to have someone port it and attach here until he can get around to it
I've had to do that in the past for a cpl versions. I wouldn't know what to do w/ this one though.

Yeah, I do this quite often for mods that have been left to the side, then remove the package once it is officially ported, or another takes over the mod.
I removed my smf2 version of a mod when another took over to update it, but they have yet to port it, and I forgot to save a copy of my version for myself lol
So I'm waiting for them to update it, as re-writing it was a hell of a job! And I'm saving myself the headache lol
(brain spurt)
Just realised that I can ask one of the members that downloaded my version lol
Back to bed I roll..
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Donnie_K

When you port it, make sure the shoutbox works... lol, My members have been throwing a fit since I upgraded because there's no shoutbox now...

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Donnie_K on November 10, 2009, 05:44:47 PM
When you port it, make sure the shoutbox works... lol, My members have been throwing a fit since I upgraded because there's no shoutbox now...

I dont think anybody would make it "not work".

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

ardd

Quote from: mrtrc266 on November 10, 2009, 04:48:44 PM
@ Ardd, looks like something went awry, do you happen to have a backup to replace your edited file with to see if that fixes it?
No (kick me now) but I can edit it out and see if it stops.

Donnie_K

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on November 10, 2009, 05:49:54 PM
I dont think anybody would make it "not work".

I would imagine not... But I know before the latest version it never worked on my 2.0 rc1.2 either. Chatroom still works on mine, just the shoutbox and buttons are gone now that I upgraded to RC2.

ardd

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 10, 2009, 04:56:16 PM
@ ardd
That's a pretty strange issue.
You can create a topic in [THIS] board for support for it, or in its official thread located [HERE].
I and others will follow it there buddy, so as to not flood this section :)
For now, remove that code, then point to the arcade in your browser..
eg. h**p://your site name.com/index.php?action=arcade

Still the same?
I suspect it will be, but you never know.
You read the tea leaved correctly still the problem persists, I'll start a thread in the " SMF Coding Discussion " forum called "SMF 1.1.10 button coding" to continue from there. Thanks to you and mrtrc266 for the help. I think I found it but it's still very, very strange I'll post about it there shortly.

PS please feel free to move or have moved any clutter from here to the new thread :)

VSG

Hi, guys!

I took the liberty of adjusting the AjaxChat add-on for RC2 - at least I think I did.
Running two websites I have to say I'm no programmer and no coder, although I know a little about PHP and HTML. I took a look at the version differences between RC1-2 and RC2, especially with the files that posed the problem with the package.

My package installed fine here on my local installation using XAMPP and I plan on uploading this to my server on the weekend. Other Mods previously installed were the "Favorite Boards" and "Hide Tag Special", both for RC2.

Feel free to try it, although I would recommend opening the chat-window in a popup-page - haven't tested the shoutbox yet.

Best regards,
VSG

Nachtfalke

Sorry but nothing happens...  No action to find.... :(

Still need it as soon as possible because the chat-function is the most important mod at my forum...
>>> Tanja Gräff, Studentin aus Trier, wird seit 14 Monaten vermisst | http://www.findet-tanjagraeff.de <<<

derelicta

Hi there, can anyone help me to understand if there is a way to keep more lines inside the shoutbox. I mean on average on my shoutbox appear only a few of the last messages written by members. There's no such "max chronology messsages" parameter to set.
AjaxChat works fine on all themes, and shoutbox too, it's a great MOD, just the shoutbox has this problem.
Thank you.

VSG

Quote from: Nachtfalke on November 11, 2009, 08:34:31 AM
Sorry but nothing happens...  No action to find....

Sorry, forgot to update the installer-info - you would have to select compatibility-mode in package-installer.
I modified this for easier install. See attachment - tried it again here, works like a charm, including the shoutbox.

Best regards,
VSG

Donnie_K

Carlos Gandra

Hi there,

Well, after I was unsuccessful with Hark's Park Shoutbox, now it appears that this Ajax Chat doesn't like me either... the problem is that shoutbox shows blank and nothing i can write appears on it. I've tried 4 different browsers, didn't work.

And nothing...

...and nothing...

Damn :(

Below is my configs:

I'll try also the modification for Pretty URL's (which I use in fact):

I've checked permissions to and changed chat/index.php and shoutbox/index.php to 755

Please give me an hand :)

EDIT:
Well... forget, already solved. That line on .htaccess shouldn't be at the end but at the top, above all other Pretty URL's "instructions". Weird, but true :)
Carlos Gandra
Mundo dos Animais

fairytears

Hello

When using the shoutbox sometimes the name of the member doesn't display, instead some numbers in parenthesis display. How can I solve this problem. Only members are supposed to have permissions for using the shoutbox.

Sorry if this has been asked before but the thread is too long and I already used the search box and can't find anything.

Thank you

mrtrc266

Quote from: derelicta on November 11, 2009, 01:43:20 PM
Hi there, can anyone help me to understand if there is a way to keep more lines inside the shoutbox. I mean on average on my shoutbox appear only a few of the last messages written by members. There's no such "max chronology messsages" parameter to set.
AjaxChat works fine on all themes, and shoutbox too, it's a great MOD, just the shoutbox has this problem.
Thank you.

If I understand you question correctly you want more messages to appear when a user logs into the chat?

If so I believe this is it....

Find and change your liking... /chat/lib/config.php

// Defines how many logs are returned on each logs request:
$config['logsRequestMessagesLimit'] = 10;

Also look at many other custom edits in there.

mrtrc266

Quote from: fairytears on November 11, 2009, 09:04:56 PM
Hello

When using the shoutbox sometimes the name of the member doesn't display, instead some numbers in parenthesis display. How can I solve this problem. Only members are supposed to have permissions for using the shoutbox.

Sorry if this has been asked before but the thread is too long and I already used the search box and can't find anything.

Thank you

You are sure that guests do not have permission to access the chat/shout?

If they are unchecked in your permissions then also try to play with these settings

/chat/lib/config.php try changing to false
// Enable/Disable guest logins:
$config['allowGuestLogins'] = true;
// Enable/Disable write access for guest users - if disabled, guest users may not write messages:
$config['allowGuestWrite'] = true;

Nachtfalke

Fantastic but one error: I wanted the chat to open in a new window but after klicking nothing happens.

http://www.findet-tanjagraeff.de/smf2/index.php
>>> Tanja Gräff, Studentin aus Trier, wird seit 14 Monaten vermisst | http://www.findet-tanjagraeff.de <<<

mrtrc266

Quote from: Nachtfalke on November 12, 2009, 02:17:24 AM
Fantastic but one error: I wanted the chat to open in a new window but after klicking nothing happens.

http://www.findet-tanjagraeff.de/smf2/index.php

It just opened in a popup window for me?

Advertisement: