AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryclare

I just downloaded the Ajax chat mod, but there is no install.php file???

TheListener

T3CHN0

Quote from: maryclare on November 10, 2011, 11:35:10 PM
I just downloaded the Ajax chat mod, but there is no install.php file???
As this is your very first post, have you used SMF before? do you know the correct way to install mods?
you do not upload the package your self and then try to install it. that's the Vbulletin way of installing mods.
SMF have a much better way. Admin>Packages Manager
have a feel around in there and become more comman with installing and uploading mods to your site.
and if your stuck then please search the community boards on how to install mods.
cheers

MrNicotine

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 10, 2011, 05:32:45 PM
MrNicotine
If members above Regular Members can see and enter in chat then it sounds like it's working.
have you checked Admin>Members>Permissions and make sure Regular Members have access?

Yes the permissions are fine, that's not it.That was the first thing I checked.
Any other options? 

T3CHN0

Quote from: MrNicotine on November 11, 2011, 04:31:08 AM
Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 10, 2011, 05:32:45 PM
MrNicotine
If members above Regular Members can see and enter in chat then it sounds like it's working.
have you checked Admin>Members>Permissions and make sure Regular Members have access?

Yes the permissions are fine, that's not it.That was the first thing I checked.
Any other options?
whats your URL, I will have a look PM it to me if you like, best way is to add it to your account settings. this way people who help don't need to ask :)
cheers

RCmod

Hello, I have a few minor issues with Ajax chat that I wonder if anyone can help me with.

First we have SMF 1.1.15 with ajax chat integration 3.2.1.

I have a few issues but this first one is top on my list.

We don't have the chat enabled, just the shout box. In order for people to get updates in the shoot box you must click the the field where you would type to send txt to the shout box. So basically your courser must be active in the send txt field of the shout box or no new txt from others will appear. Is this normal?

The second issue is I think a session issue. When someone is logged in they can send txt to the shout and their user name appears. But after their session has expired their user name turns to a number and they can still send text to the shout box. So these people don't even appear to be online in the info center and are still able to send txt and monitor the shout all while being offline. I'm assuming the arbitrary number their user name changes to is their session number? Is this normal or can this be addressed?

I have looked through the FAQ and don't see anything about these two.

I have a few other issues but relatively minor compared with these two.

Thanks for any help.

T3CHN0

Hello I can't help support 1.1.15 I only deal with 2.0 but I will try.
Quote from: RCmod on November 11, 2011, 11:51:38 AM
Hello, I have a few minor issues with Ajax chat that I wonder if anyone can help me with.

First we have SMF 1.1.15 with ajax chat integration 3.2.1.

I have a few issues but this first one is top on my list.

We don't have the chat enabled, just the shout box. In order for people to get updates in the shoot box you must click the the field where you would type to send txt to the shout box. So basically your courser must be active in the send txt field of the shout box or no new txt from others will appear. Is this normal?
With 2.0 this happens when you have a media mod installed as well, most times it it will give you an error message first and then populate the shoutbox contents
if you know how to FTP I have attached my shoutbox template, if it works for you I can edit it to make it more how you want it if you like. other then this I'm sorry but
maybe someone else could help more with 1.1.15

QuoteThe second issue is I think a session issue. When someone is logged in they can send txt to the shout and their user name appears. But after their session has expired their user name turns to a number and they can still send text to the shout box. So these people don't even appear to be online in the info center and are still able to send txt and monitor the shout all while being offline. I'm assuming the arbitrary number their user name changes to is their session number? Is this normal or can this be addressed?
check your members permissions, I don't know where they are on 1.1.15 but you will find this is to do with Guest being able to posts
also in FAQ you will find the answer on how you can edit config.php to turn guest off. member permissions should be all you need to change though
Turn everything off for guest to do with chat and shoutbox. user or none user if not logged in then chat or shoutbox will display them as a number.

RCmod

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 11, 2011, 03:09:25 PM
With 2.0 this happens when you have a media mod installed as well, most times it it will give you an error message first and then populate the shoutbox contents
if you know how to FTP I have attached my shoutbox template, if it works for you I can edit it to make it more how you want it if you like. other then this I'm sorry but
maybe someone else could help more with 1.1.15

I do in fact have a media mod installed called YouTube BBCode 2.6. Do you think that is the issue? I do know how to FTP but don't have access to that. I will pass on the temple to the web guy and see what he thinks.

check your members permissions, I don't know where they are on 1.1.15 but you will find this is to do with Guest being able to posts
also in FAQ you will find the answer on how you can edit config.php to turn guest off. member permissions should be all you need to change though
Turn everything off for guest to do with chat and shoutbox. user or none user if not logged in then chat or shoutbox will display them as a number.

I do in fact have quest permission disabled already. In fact the shout box cant be seen by new members, only members with 10 posts or more. I did read about disabling guest in config.php, you think this might still be the issue even with quest disabled in admin panel?

T3CHN0

QuoteBut after their session has expired their user name turns to a number and they can still send text to the shout box
when there session times out they become a guest again. if only members who post at lest 15 times can see the chat 'must not be working'
because numbers as names in chat are from guests. I would ask your web guy to edit the config.php as well and turn guests off.
QuoteYouTube BBCode 2.6. Do you think that is the issue?
could be!!! I don't use 1.1.15 but might be worth uninstalling if you can to give it a test, or wait to try my template with it still installed.

MrNicotine

On your advise I downloaded your Index.php, but I'm not sure in what directory to put this.
It looks nothing like the ones in /chat or /shoutbox, so there I got confused.

T3CHN0

Quote from: MrNicotine on November 12, 2011, 06:49:41 PM
On your advise I downloaded your Index.php, but I'm not sure in what directory to put this.
It looks nothing like the ones in /chat or /shoutbox, so there I got confused.
/chat/lib/template & /shoutbox/lib/template
rename the one that is there to shoutbox.bck first to keep as a backup

MrNicotine

Tried it, but no effect..... Users still cannot see the Chat or Shout.

I like to keep that .html off yours, if you don't mind, it's a lot better now for appearance ;)

But this isn't the solution. What I didn't mention is that I'm using 3.2.1.
Would it help to use the 3.2.2?

Edit: I also found that the lines for /themes are not there in my custom theme. Only in default.
Now I did test using the default theme, and still it didn't work. So probably this is nothing.
But I'm grasping for anything now.

T3CHN0

Quote from: MrNicotine on November 13, 2011, 08:27:36 AM
Tried it, but no effect..... Users still cannot see the Chat or Shout.

I like to keep that .html off yours, if you don't mind, it's a lot better now for appearance ;)
go for it, happy you like it.

QuoteBut this isn't the solution. What I didn't mention is that I'm using 3.2.1.
Would it help to use the 3.2.2?
yes, their are some small changes to it to work better with google chrome and other little changes
But chrome just doesn't agree with SMF a hole lot and it's better to use FireFox with SMF

QuoteEdit: I also found that the lines for /themes are not there in my custom theme. Only in default.
Now I did test using the default theme, and still it didn't work. So probably this is nothing.
But I'm grasping for anything now.
I found on your site when I used Google Chrome shoutbox would not work at all but with FireFox it worked perfect
and I am a standard member. have you tried other browsers to see the differences and maybe find error's that
the browser you are using doesn't show?

pixeleyes

How to fix this error.

Error: Connection status: 502

Every after few minutes this error appears then chat doesn't working ....

TheListener

Quote from: pixeleyes on November 15, 2011, 10:53:35 AM
How to fix this error.

Error: Connection status: 502

Every after few minutes this error appears then chat doesn't working ....

Have you looked at the mods FAQs?

pixeleyes

Yes I have already .....

Only got below one so don't know if this work or not.

If you get a Connection  Status: 0 error from time to time it's harmless and you can stop it from showing
Open chat/js/chat.js
Find
Quotethis.addChatBotMessageToChatList('/error ConnectionStatus '+this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status);
Replace with
Quoteif (this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status != 0) {
this.addChatBotMessageToChatList('/error ConnectionStatus '+this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status);
}

projectnaija

MrNicotine

QuoteI found on your site when I used Google Chrome shoutbox would not work at all but with FireFox it worked perfect
and I am a standard member. have you tried other browsers to see the differences and maybe find error's that
the browser you are using doesn't show?

Thanks for looking, but actually, you weren't a standard member.
One of my globals gave you a higher status, so you could see chat, after I mentioned you could come online and may ask some questions.
My fault, I didn't tell them to leave things as they are.
So, it still doesn't work for normal users. I'll take a look at the 3.2.2 version, as I'm starting to give up on this.

One last question, then. Could Portamx be the problem (as you mentioned it's probably a conflict between chat and a media mod).
And if it could, won't it give the same problem with the 3.2.2 version?

T3CHN0

Quote from: projectnaija on November 15, 2011, 02:02:34 PM
how can i install this on smf 2.0 stable
be a good idea to upgrade your forum to 2.0.1 then install Ajax chat 3.2.2 version

T3CHN0

Quote from: MrNicotine on November 15, 2011, 02:39:38 PM
Thanks for looking, but actually, you weren't a standard member.
One of my globals gave you a higher status, so you could see chat, after I mentioned you could come online and may ask some questions.
My fault, I didn't tell them to leave things as they are.
So, it still doesn't work for normal users. I'll take a look at the 3.2.2 version, as I'm starting to give up on this.

One last question, then. Could Portamx be the problem (as you mentioned it's probably a conflict between chat and a media mod).
And if it could, won't it give the same problem with the 3.2.2 version?
No I don't believe Portamx is the problem, it's a portal mod not a media mod.
As chat works for members greater then standard members it still looks like permission settings need to be set.
I sent you a PM.

Advertisement: