where would I find help?

Started by thefley, August 27, 2008, 10:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefley

moving data over from 1.1.5 over to test site 2.0?

I am dumb when it comes to the db, any one direct me in the right direction?  can it be done?   I would like to bring over the members and posts, if it can be done... how?

www.greatplainsriders.com

B.SkiLLs

If you server allows you access to your phpadmin then just go to 1.1.5 db and export it or go to your Forum Maintenance tab in the admin section and DL / export it..

then go to new DB for 2.0 and import it

should be that easy.

but why do it that way when you can just upgrade to 2.0 using same site / forum ??

if i am understanding you correctly

VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

thefley

I don't want to upgrade the 1.1.5 site for a few reasons.  One I have TONS of mods that I know will not be supported and I have TP on it to and I know if I do it will lock up big time...   Two :   I am setting up another site to move me to a new server as my and Godaddy.com have been fighting over over crowded server with someone sucking up the bandwidth.   

one tech admitted it was the problem and the only thing they would do for me is ALLOW me to buy a dedicated server for big $$$$... just another way to upsale you.   then all the other techs tell me they can do nothing till the site crashes before they can look in to it... just get a run around from them.

so all i would like to transfer for sure is the members, and if I can the posts.   I don't know how transfer it

B.SkiLLs

OK uhm, just do as i explain above then. You have to have access to your PHPAdmin and you will see in there at top where you can import and export. Create the BD and name it and then install the forum there and the import your other database into that new one and you should be good to go like i explained above. Either way of export will / should work. Export right from the forum itself or export right from the myphpadmin for the old forum and then import it to the new made DB and if needed after words run the upgrade.php file / pack to make it all correct and work together so speaking.

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

thefley

thx!!!! I will give that a try. 

thefley

here is the error I get when I tried this,

Unknown column 'a.attachment_type' in 'field list'

thefley

B.SkiLLs

Quote from: thefley on September 01, 2008, 10:22:25 PM
can I just move part of the DB?

I personal would advise it. But somebody correct me if im wrong.

I would just either upgrade or do as i mentioned above.

Rumbaar

What method did you use to export the db data, and what method you used to import the data?

Well you can import a copy to the new db, create a settings.php file with the connection details relating to the new db, mySQL username/password.  Then upload the large Upgrade package for 2.x to where you want it installed and run the upgrade.php file.  It should now upgrade and configure the copy to be 2.x
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: