Force Topic Read on Login

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 28, 2008, 05:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFD

Quote from: Kindred on February 20, 2018, 10:10:41 AM
Had you previously read the target thread?   

purposely, no.  created the target thread via admin and set it's message number in the mod.

Did you use the option to reset everyone and force to re-read?

no, because as a test all i did was login as a test user who was not logged into the forum prior or during the setting of the forced thread read.

RFD

what exactly is supposed to happen when a topic is set for a forced read and a user who's not read that topic logs in?

SMiFFER

"Force new users" - only new users?

How about entering the names of users who are forced to read topic x

How about having a simple table?

user,topic
user,topic

?
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

vbgamer45

Probably not something i would do.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

RFD

if this mod would just work as designed, that would be wonderful.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

RFD

can not get this hack to work.  i give up.

Kindred

Works perfectly well for me, exactly as described.

Recently reset the must read list because we changed the agreement, and it still works great
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RFD

it never has worked for me in 2.0.15

attached are my forced topic parameters and my installed package list ... any help would be appreciated.

shadav

Quote from: Kindred on April 01, 2018, 10:14:22 AM
Works perfectly well for me, exactly as described.

Recently reset the must read list because we changed the agreement, and it still works great
could you tell me how to do this
thank you

Kindred

Post a new message, change the MUST READ topic ID.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

Quote from: Kindred on September 12, 2019, 04:04:26 PM
Post a new message, change the MUST READ topic ID.
:laugh: ah ok, I thought you meant for the already posted topic
I'm using mine as a read the rules and would like to not delete it, but when editing the rules post or updating it, resetting it somehow for people to read it....

Kindred

don't need to delete it. Just make it non-sticky and make a new one with the new rules....

Alternatively, I think they "read it" might be stored in the database and could be cleared.
Слaва
Украинi

cuongvttt

Hello guys,

I wonder this is possible if I'm using PrettyURL and how to find the topic IDs?

Thank you so much.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: cuongvttt on October 13, 2020, 04:41:23 AM
Hello guys,

Thank you so much.

When you click on a topic, you will see at the end of the url this: topic=xxxx. Where x-es equal the topic id. That is what you need.

Arantor

Not with pretty URLs you don't...

petewadey

I have pretty urls and get msg****** at tthe end of the url, which seems work as the topic number? Unless I'm just assuming it does?

Arantor

It doesn't work as the topic number because it's not the topic id, it's the individual message id.

petewadey

In that case I've not forced anyone to read anything. Opps. I'll watch this with interest to see what the answer is. There must be a way of IDing a topic?

shadav

Quote from: cuongvttt on October 13, 2020, 04:41:23 AM
Hello guys,

Thank you so much.

go to the topic and at the bottom if you hover over the merge topics button it will show you the topic number
siteurl/?action=mergetopics;from=971
so the topic number for me here is 971

Advertisement: