News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

I want to let my visitor to embed polls

Started by cong, August 31, 2008, 11:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cong

the words can't describe how you are very good man

thank you sinan

wc

Guys,

I might be going slightly off-topic, but it is still a question about Polls and related to something that was mentioned earlier in this thread. Here goes:

I just started using smf and I have been unable to give guests the capability to vote in polls. How can I enable this setting? I went to "Admin" -> "Permissions" -> "Permissions By MemberGroup" and there I checked the Guest group checkbox, selected "Vote in polls" and clicked "Set Permissions". This increased my permission count for Guests group from 4 to 5.

However, guests still do not see the radiobuttons in the poll. They can reply to the post/poll itself, but I think that is probably because I checked "Post replies to topics" -> "Any Topic" under Guest membergroup' General Permissions. I suspect that this is related to me not being able see "Vote polls" for Guests (unlike other MemberGroups) under "Polls" just like I see "View polls", "Post polls", "Add poll to topics", etc. Have I set some master permission incorrectly?

I believe I had originally installed 1.1.5 and later upgraded to 1.1.7. This is what I see under "Admin" -> "Administration Center"

Support Information
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.1.7
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.7

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kindred

since the poll records the vote by user, guests can never vote in polls...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: