News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Mail delivery issues.

Started by jazz1, September 01, 2008, 05:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazz1

Hi

I have the same problem. No email notification and the newsletter is not working.

But new users can still register at the forum

(I converted the forum form AEForum) 

Tried to change the mail settings for different settings, but nothing worked

What are the settings i should use in mail settings?

Thanks

Rumbaar

I've split your post, best to start a new one due to your unique setup.
How do I ask support questions the smart way?

Did it ever work? What settings are you using? phpmail()/SMTP
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

jazz1

Thanks, Rumbaar

It never worked on SMF, it worked in AEF. I dont remember the settings on AEF (think it worked with PHP)

But with SMF I tried both: SMTP and PHP. SMTP tried with password and without it. I dont really get the idea how it works wit my host.

What are the settings I must set in to my host's mail settings and im SMF mail settings?

Rumbaar

When you were using the SMTP settings, were you getting errors in your logs?  Have a word to your host on what exact SMTP settings are used for your mail account with them.  Or if using alternate email provider, you might want to make sure you are putting in 100% correct information.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

jazz1

I checked the error log for the first time (didnt knew it exist  :D)

It has abot 7000+ errors, and every post and moderation (or settings change) generate some errors  :-\

Rumbaar

Wow that is a lot of errors.  It would appear, just from screenshot, that you have a number of missing $txt[] strings?

Can you get a list of all the errors you have?  Then attach the files it indicates to have an issue with, or check it yourself at the lines it indicates.  Then list the mods you've got installed.

I'm sure it's due to the fact you've got mods installed and haven't installed/converted them to your forums language (Russian?).

[ Themes ]

jazz1

Is there a way to download error log in to a file?

I converted from AEF to SMF may be this is the problem?

here some errors (from the first page)

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member shim    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 08:48:21 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 207.232.5.231      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 83b1020e90fb7dbd269147ce788a4aa7
     Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=220.msg1323
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: require_verification
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /mnt/w0503/d38/s17/b02d1147/www/hikingbike.org/wiki_ru/smf/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 894

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member shim    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 08:36:25 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 207.232.5.231      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 83b1020e90fb7dbd269147ce788a4aa7
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=221.msg1347;boardseen
File: /mnt/w0503/d38/s17/b02d1147/www/hikingbike.org/wiki_ru/smf/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Tenshi    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 07:15:14 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 132.69.230.134      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session ead4f42b4bf8168ad7c3a28533b6ca99
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=208.msg1195;boardseen
8: Undefined index: view_newest_first
Line: 926

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Tenshi    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 07:15:14 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 132.69.230.134      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session ead4f42b4bf8168ad7c3a28533b6ca99
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=208.msg1195;boardseen

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Tenshi    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 07:14:42 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=168.0

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Tenshi    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 07:14:42 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=168.0

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Tenshi    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 07:13:36 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=217.0

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Tenshi    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 07:13:36 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=217.0

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Tenshi    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 07:12:40 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=221.0

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Tenshi    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 07:12:39 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=221.0

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member jazz    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 03:45:24 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 80.250.159.240      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 6a098686d414b52303a89bfa5e4dca9e
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=185.msg1349;boardseen

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member jazz    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 03:45:24 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 80.250.159.240      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 6a098686d414b52303a89bfa5e4dca9e
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=185.msg1349;boardseen

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member marusik    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 03:32:34 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 89.0.46.105      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session db9f6835e3dfcaa3c3faac905c6c4a5b
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=219.15

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member marusik    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 03:32:34 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 89.0.46.105      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session db9f6835e3dfcaa3c3faac905c6c4a5b
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=219.15

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member marusik    Reverse chronological order of list Today at 03:31:18 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://smf.hikingbike.org/index.php?topic=219.0

Rumbaar

Quote from: Rumbaar on September 01, 2008, 06:10:23 PMThen list the mods you've got installed.

I'm sure it's due to the fact you've got mods installed and haven't installed/converted them to your forums language (Russian?).
All these errors appear to be mod related.  Are you sure the mods you've installed are 2.x compatible? and fully converted and compatible with your forum language.

[ Themes ]

jazz1

Sorry, the list of the mods:

Mod Name     Version     
1.    Ad Managment    2.3.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    SMF Sitemap    1.3.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Users Online Today    1.5.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Remove Post Modified Time    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Add Favicon.ico Support    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

All mode were for my current SMF version (at least it was said so)

Forum language is English, but i didn't success to install a Russian language (two different charsets on one page - UTF8 and  8859-1, I think)

Rumbaar

Have you done manual edits to your themes then?  Are those mods made for SMF 2.0 BETA 3.1 Public?

You are missing mods from that list, from looking at your file. AJAX Instant Quick Reply look it's in there, but not in your list.

But in your Display.template.php you have massive amounts of custom coding from a fresh install of the default template file
// We will only do ajax quick reply if
// 1) the post is pre-approved for posting (no approval needed) and
// 2) visual verification isn't required and
// 3) the current page is the last page of the topic or
// 4) 'all' isset in REQUEST
// otherwise we'll post the old fashioned way.
if($context['can_reply_approved'] && !$context['require_verification'] && ($context['page_info']['current_page'] == $context['page_info']['num_pages'] || isset($_REQUEST['all'])))
echo '<input type="submit" name="post" value="', $txt['post'], '" onclick="return oQuickReply.ajax_reply(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="2" />
';
else
echo '<input type="submit" name="post" value="', $txt['post'], '" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="2" />
';
echo '<input type="submit" name="preview" value="', $txt['preview'], '" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="p" tabindex="4" />';

function template_ajax_reply() {
global $context;

// Load up the index template, since we need it for some theme settings and call the init function
loadTemplate('index');
template_init();

// First we'll call the template function above to get the post
template_main();

// Then we'll take the contents of the buffer and throw it into a variable
$buffer = ob_get_contents();

// And now we'll clear the buffer out so we can put back in what we want
ob_clean();

// Now lets play with the buffer, first clearing out the stuff before the post we don't need
$start_post = strpos($buffer, '<!-- Start Single Post -->') + 27; // Plus 27 because we don't want the HTML comment in the final buffer.
$end_post = strpos($buffer, '<!-- End Single Post -->');
$buffer = substr($buffer, $start_post, $end_post - $start_post);

// Now change the windowbg value so the post displays with the right color (if its waiting approval then it won't change)
$windowbg = (($_REQUEST['num_replies']+1) % 2 == 0) ? '"windowbg"' : '"windowbg2"';
$buffer = str_replace(array('"windowbg"', '"windowbg2"'), $windowbg, $buffer);

// Now we have just the post that we'll insert into the topic, lets add the XML stuff to it for AJAX.
$buffer = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="'. $context['character_set']. '"?>
<smf>
<post><![CDATA[' .
$buffer .
']]></post>
</smf>';

// Now echo out the buffer
echo $buffer;
}

You might have un-installed this mod, but it wasn't done fully or correctly.  You need to make sure you've taken all of the code out, but I'm not sure what else is left over in your template files.

[ Themes ]

jazz1

Yes this mode i installed, and it didn't worked, so i did "uninstall" to the mod. And may be one mod more that i uninstalled, dont remember witch one.

And recently i had database problem, so i didnt have the access to smf for a week or so..

Is it a good idea to install a fresh SMF and then use old database?

Rumbaar

Well that's an option.  You'll need to install your mods all again, and you might run into duplicate table/field issue for mods that don't check to see if they've installed or not.

[ Themes ]

jazz1

So the better way is to uninstall the mods first? and then fresh SMF and mod installing? Am i getting it right?

Rumbaar

Well the fact you've got code left over from most you've supposedly uninstalled, doing the others might help.  But if there is db code from other mods that haven't been removed during previous uninstalls then it wont help.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: