News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Remove SMF Logo

Started by Deprecated, August 13, 2008, 02:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deprecated

Newly revised: Remove SMF Logo version 1.2.

It came to my attention that a user had installed this modification, then deleted the mod package, then uploaded the package and installed it a second time over the original installation. It should be obvious that this could cause serious template errors, and it does.

I have modified the package to make it impossible to install twice even if you delete the mod package. This affects SMF 1.1.5, SMF 1.1.6 and SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1. The code for SMF 2.0 Beta 4 was not changed. (The Beta 4 code was already impossible to install twice.)

If you already have an earlier version there is no reason to upgrade. Just remember to not install mod packages twice! :)

Technical note: The package no longer comments out the code. It now removes the HTML lines that show the logo.

The new and improved package is now more user-proof. :)

stingerman

Quote from: Deprecated on October 10, 2008, 09:36:43 AM
Please attach your index.template.php to your next post. :)

Here ya go...

Deprecated

@Stingerman:

It appears you have another mod installed over the top of where my mod does its job. I recall reading about a mod that puts a link on your banner or something like that? Or maybe I have the wrong one but some mod has added <a> </a> HTML tags on your image. You can uninstall that one and then my mod will install correctly.

If you need any additional help please include a list of all the mods you have installed. :)

stingerman

Quote from: Deprecated on October 10, 2008, 07:17:10 PM
@Stingerman:

It appears you have another mod installed over the top of where my mod does its job. I recall reading about a mod that puts a link on your banner or something like that? Or maybe I have the wrong one but some mod has added <a> </a> HTML tags on your image. You can uninstall that one and then my mod will install correctly.

If you need any additional help please include a list of all the mods you have installed. :)

Yep, I have the banner link mod installed.  Thanks. 

Deprecated

Doesn't the banner replace the SMF logo? If so, my mod would kill your banner.

Mystery?

May the mod developer please make it compatible to SMF 2.0 RC1.
Join my NEW website that I just created and be a big part of it (July 30, 2010): http://www.gamerstatic.net

DEEPSNUYB

Could you please update for RC 3?   Its diff than RC2.

thesorceress

Hi, i hope it's allright to post still in here.
Your mod is very handy, thank you for it.

Though i have a question, it does remove the logo but the "padding" i think it's called remains behind, how can i remove that part. It looks so ugly behind my new banner. I've searched the forum but could not find my answer.

NADINE_PICARD

OK... right now i am using version 1.1.12 of SMF... and i keep trying to removed smf logo for a new theme but nothing is working and since i am new in this ... I make me very pissed to don't have any easy solution ... Would this work with my version or is there anyway to fix it ... I search many solution and didn't got nothing that can help me....

Deprecated

This modification has now been updated to SMF 2.0.6 and 2.0.7.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with 2.0.6 or 2.0.7.

Regarding SMF 1.x, the support questions in this topic are all over 120 days old, so if you still have problems re-post them, or even better, just convert your forum to 2.0.7. It's not virgin locked for SMF 1.x versions so you can install it on any 1.x forum, but DO NOT IGNORE WARNING MESSAGES and DO NOT PROCEED if you have any! I no longer have any SMF 1.x test forum so for SMF 1.x all I can do is rely on user reports.

If you like this modification even the most trivial donations will be appreciated.

Link to Mod Site: Remove SMF Logo

Please report either way, if it worked or if it didn't.

Advertisement: