News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Existing 3.1 hacks on beta 4

Started by riker, September 03, 2008, 11:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riker

Will they work with the new html theme ?

karlbenson

You will have to replace the files again.
So whilst the mods MAY work on beta4. You will have to reinstall them.

Although since the files which have been replaced with new semantic templates are re-written pretty much entirely in one way or another, it will make it likely that some mods will need re-writing to work properly.
(eg if the mod adds a row to the table, the new template uses divs, so it would need changing from table to divs.)

Also lets be clear. It isn't a brand new theme. It looks like the current SMF Default Core theme, but the html is being re-written to use less tables, and use more css.

riker

Quote from: karlbenson on September 03, 2008, 01:50:25 PM
You will have to replace the files again.
So whilst the mods MAY work on beta4. You will have to reinstall them.

Although since the files which have been replaced with new semantic templates are re-written pretty much entirely in one way or another, it will make it likely that some mods will need re-writing to work properly.
(eg if the mod adds a row to the table, the new template uses divs, so it would need changing from table to divs.)

Also lets be clear. It isn't a brand new theme. It looks like the current SMF Default Core theme, but the html is being re-written to use less tables, and use more css.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm sure I remember one of the crew saying their was going to be a new style default theme too, has this now been canceled ?

karlbenson

No.
Most of the questions about it related to this current smf.org theme and whether that would be available (in some shape or form).
In the past a new theme has been added between RC and Final stage.

I am not sure whether any categoric statement has been made guaranteeing a new theme. (to my knowledge only the semantic theme had been promised).

It is also pointless designing a new theme at the moment, until the semantic templates are completed anyway.

Advertisement: