News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Stat Battle / RPG Mod

Started by Daisuke_aurora, September 04, 2008, 11:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heinandar

where can i download stat battle mod?

Daisuke_aurora

It is not done yet. I am actually still testing out the system on my site.

heinandar

Quote from: Daisuke_aurora on March 18, 2009, 08:46:07 PM
It is not done yet. I am actually still testing out the system on my site.
Thanks for reply. I'm still waiting ur mod. Good luck

gman123

Any chance there will be screen shots?

Daisuke_aurora

Sorry I've been on a kind of hiatus for a while now, but I'm back and have finished coding the system. I set up a test on my site and once I've confirmed that all the bugs are dealt with I'll be releasing it as a package for the newest version of SMF.

chinaren

Ooh, this sounds cool. 

~sits and waits~
The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

Daisuke_aurora

I may need someone to help me write it into an actual package to be installed, otherwise i'll have to tell people how to manually do alot of stuff which will be unpleasant for those who want it.

die()

i can help you if you wanted pm me if you want

Daisuke_aurora

Ok, so after quite a while, I am finally on the verge of finishing this project. I have the entire thing up and working, including random encounters, stats and weapons that modify them, items, spells, levels and Stat upgrades, the whole thing. By the 24th I hope to have it all installed and working and will be testing it for any bugs or glitches that may occur. If anyone would like to, they can go to the site and try it out with everyone else to see what you think:

Daisuke's Dojo

And either way it'll be one step away from bieng available as a full-fledged package. All I will need to do after that is make it a simple-to-install package.

chinaren

Woooo!  8)

Now, stop reading this and get on with it!  ;)

chedie

Ahm... So I am wondering... is this mod finished. LOL

I'm really wanting a mod like this for SMF and would like to use it in our SMF forum. Is there a download area for this mod? I can't seem to find it.

Hope to have a reply soon! :D

Daisuke_aurora

Funny story. I keep adding more and more to the system.

I can probably make the edits for any person's site for them, just reply here and I'll set you up with what I have so far.

CKWT

Dont worry, Post the instructions we'll get it installed.. I can Bet you that with the code in the air, someone WILL package it really nicely
www.catrachosgaming.com
Charlton White
CG Administrador

chinaren

Yes, please post the code!  ::)

Daisuke_aurora

Said it before and I'll say it again, still working on it. Good news is I have a computer now that works and will be releasing a small version of the whole thing soon, allowing players to try out the system and get to know the designs.

chinaren

Awesome! 

Now, the only thing is, since I first started waiting for this mod, I've upgraded my board to SMF2RC3.  Will your prototype work with this version?

Daisuke_aurora

well the 3 things you will need are the files I made myself, the smf shop mod (which I believe a few people around here have said it is easy to add to any of the smf versions) and a few edits to a few already existing files (again, which I can post codes and instructions or a more skilled person can package the edits as an installer) so it should work fine it might just take a little longer while we wait for one of the mods or a more talented user to help with that part.

Citizen Erased

Can you post the files you made, and the modifications to other files, at least?

You can put your work as a "Hack" instead as a "Mod" and maybe someone could make a package for you.

I could try, but I'm newbie =\

Daisuke_aurora

Yes I can probably do that before this gets packaged for the people who don't want to wait. I am simply cleaning up the codes and checking for interactions that are bad / harmful or that can be utilized to break the system I have designed, you know, glitches and such.

honeywick

anything yet call this a official bump

Advertisement: