Fix Header Think Layer Image and Display Editing + Sound

Started by Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R), September 04, 2008, 04:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Hello,

I am looking for some code editing/feature or some mod which would add in a fix header which would be fix on the browser on the top, and also a fix footer on the page which moves along at the scrolling. As in not an animated one which moves up and down and annoys people, but a fix bar which would just be fix and not relode on every page visited in the site.

The top header should be customizable with external links which i can set up easily and please provide an example on how to add in link there.

The base one should probably have the number of members registered,topics created and also total posts made.

Another feature/mod or edit which i would like to make is that, the input in the Pm should show up the username, and the output should come as display name. As there are some people who keep their usernames starting with a wild card function sign or some non acceptable signs which causes the Pm not to be sent. This would help me out to send the pm's without the errors that this user doesnt exist.. which appears due to these signs in the display names. Anything as such which can be done ? Please let me know.

Edit:-
The Third thing which i was thinking of adding in my website is sound on the page. I have a radio running on which i was thinking of merging it up on the website. I want it to load just once and don't want to reload again and again as the page is changed up. This will have a continuous streaming of the radio and would also help the users to enjoy the radio. Also I was thinking of the famous quotations and fact section which i was thinking of giving a sound for that specific section of the forum. I know both of them would conflict due to this setting, but i would think about which one would suite more in my forum. An over all sound round the forum or sound just specific for that particular part of the forum is more specifically what I am looking for.

Thank you,
F.L.A.M.E.R

青山 素子

You would probably need to use some kind of frameset for what you want.

Since this isn't a feature request, I am moving this over to the coding discussion board where it fits better.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Okay no problem, anyone who can do this for me please ? This would be very much useful for all of use i suppose. Someone please help.

青山 素子

I don't really have time to do this kind of thing, especially as it would be a lot of re-writing of SMF (it isn't designed to be in a frame - it's a possible security issue).

Also, using frames breaks bookmarking.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

ehm.. i think you maybe going on a wrong track, If you have seen the file sharing service, rapidshare.com ? there in the window, you would see the blue bar there, i want something like that on the header and the footer, but somewhat matching with the theme and a bit easily editable things ?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

BUMP... the PM thing needs to be sorted out 1st please...thats the 2nd one which i have described..

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Anyone here..!! i am waiting looooonnng..!!! this seems very important to me.... i use the floating text mod to put a fix heading but i want it at the base.. check @ http://goldysun.com

Need to do the pm thing 1st..!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmppppppppppp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

[SiNaN]

Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

The mod you have requested has not been approved yet for downloads.  <--- :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

[SiNaN]

Ah sorry, didn't realize that. What you need is CSS "position" attribute I think. You can have some info here.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

this was the solution to which of the 3 questions above ?

[SiNaN]

That was for the first.

The second, you mean when user has a displayname like this "*user", it won't send pms?

Third is not possible without frames as I know. You can create a new page, but I radio at the top and put the forum in the frame below. Though, I don't think it is really a good idea. I suggest using a pop-up for your radio.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: [SiNaN] on September 28, 2008, 04:40:45 AM
That was for the first.

The second, you mean when user has a displayname like this "*user", it won't send pms?

Third is not possible without frames as I know. You can create a new page, but I radio at the top and put the forum in the frame below. Though, I don't think it is really a good idea. I suggest using a pop-up for your radio.

okay.. i almost got the 1st one right. I actually got a floating text mod from somewhere and it shows it on the top(for guests only), i needed it at the base. I would try thr css one which you gave me. ;)

for the second one... a username like "-!~??G/\N3$|-|??~!-" would not be found. It will give me the message as " One or more 'to'-recipients could not be found. " So thats where i am thinking of showing the username instead of display name. Hence all the PM's can be successful.

I thought so that 3rd one wasnt a good idea, but you know i was thinking to have soft music instead of radio now. ;) any ideas to make the background work as flash and the content work as php ?

[SiNaN]

Okay for the first.

The problem is the slash (\) in displayname, it breaks the preg_match(). Although I get it working, I should make sure before giving the soluition.

SMF can output the info as XML as I know. Those info could be used in flash. But it really needs too much time to achieve it.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: [SiNaN] on September 28, 2008, 05:18:56 AM
Okay for the first.

The problem is the slash (\) in displayname, it breaks the preg_replace(). Although I get it working, I should make sure before giving the soluition.

SMF can output the info as XML as I know. Those info could be used in flash. But it really needs too much time to achieve it.

Okay.. so for the username stuff, what maybe the solution ? any code edits ?

Flash is not too much urgency, i can wait for it later on... i would like to sort the second one 1st..... then the 1st one(which seems to be almost solved) and then the flash.. :)

[SiNaN]

Will look into the second issue, I'll inform in this topic too.

For the third, I hope you are a flash expert.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: [SiNaN] on September 28, 2008, 05:49:24 AM
Will look into the second issue, I'll inform in this topic too.

For the third, I hope you are a flash expert.

I cant be left alone over this.  :'( :'( :'( Not a flash expert :( comon.. good coders come in here.. this can actually become a mod and would surely be a great success :P

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

[SiNaN]

It would need an extremly lot of work to that. I can just say reconsidering the pop-up option, that's all I can do.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Ok, no problem with the music stuff. I need the sending PM solved up. It is basically creating problems in all the PM's sent to this user from any user in the forum. We have to search for his username whenever we want to send the PM. You can consider it as a bug, cant u ?

[SiNaN]

I've reported it, hope to be solved in the next version. Here is a quick fix for it:

../Sources/PersonalMessage.php

Find:

$_REQUEST['to'] = strtr($_REQUEST['to'], array('\\"' => '"'));

Replace:

$_REQUEST['to'] = strtr($_REQUEST['to'], array('\\"' => '"', '\\' => '\\\\'));

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

After doing the edit, i get this " One or more 'to'-recipients could not be found. "

I think its the same problem.

[SiNaN]

After doing that edit, I was able to pm a user with this display name:

-!~??G/\N3$|-|??~!-

Can you show me the display name that gave error with?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Unable to find member '-!~??g/n3$|-|??~!-'.

It changes the name.

Original name :- "-!~??G/N3$|-|??~!-"

[SiNaN]

Are you sure that original name is that?

I remember it was like this:

-!~??G/\N3$|-|??~!-

May I test it myself?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: [SiNaN] on October 05, 2008, 11:58:31 AM
Are you sure that original name is that?

I remember it was like this:

-!~??G/\N3$|-|??~!-

May I test it myself?
does it matter what it is ? it should be working with each and every display name isnt it ?

Yes sorry my mistake, it was -!~??G/\N3$|-|??~!- and now he changed it to -!~??G/N3$|-|??~!-

Please help! :'( :'( :'(

[SiNaN]

Yeah, it does to find where the problem is actually.

Can you attach your current PersonalMessage.php file here and provide me a test account to check it?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Sorry for this long delay, It was all cause of server change.

PersonalMessage.php attached. Test account PM'ed

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

ehm.. a bit of bump, my site is up now yippi..after like long time.. i can do the testing quickly now. ;)

So how is it going on with this bug/issue ?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

[SiNaN]

Changed my PersonalMessage.php file with the one you attached and I can send pms to both

-!~??G/\N3$|-|??~!-

and

-!~??G/N3$|-|??~!-

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

oh yea.. i might have done some mistake. Now it works. Now i have to think how to add a short music player which does take too much load and can be added it over the footer.

Next shall be the forum states fixed on the browser as i have a header at the moment at http://goldysun.com

Anyone who can help.. i appritiate everyonce help..! Thank you..

Advertisement: