News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Articles

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 04, 2008, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

MATTEK: Might be useful if you stated what version of SMF you're using and what exactly you're doing to emulate versions.

MATTEK

Quote from: MATTEK on November 24, 2009, 06:11:36 PM
I am unablt to install this mod. It says it's imcompatible with my version of SMF. I've emulated all version with no success. Any ideas?

At the request of Arantor : I'm using SMF 2.0 RC2. To Emulate I'm clicking the advanced option in the package manager.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Xarcell

Arantor

MATTEK

SMF 2.0.1

Arantor

The mod package itself has instructions to install on 2.0 RC2. From the Advanced, select Revert, and then install the mod.

MATTEK

I have it installed by emulating RC2?. Odd. Anyway, the article permission options are all messed up.

Ideas?
SMF 2.0.1

Arantor

No, in RC2 you don't emulate anything, you use the natural version check, though I can see how it could be 'emulating' RC2.

As for that, you'll have to take that up with the mod's author, I don't know nearly enough about it, sorry.

MATTEK

Quote from: Arantor on November 24, 2009, 07:29:19 PM
No, in RC2 you don't emulate anything, you use the natural version check, though I can see how it could be 'emulating' RC2.

As for that, you'll have to take that up with the mod's author, I don't know nearly enough about it, sorry.

No no. I mean when I emulated I entered RC2 instead of the RC1.2 and it worked. The question mark in my sentence was because I'm confused as to how it worked.
SMF 2.0.1

Arantor

Yes, because you're no longer emulating a different version but using the master version identity of the forum software. The mod has in its code a list of versions it supports, one of which that it has listed is 2.0 RC2 explicitly, which is why it worked.

MATTEK

SMF 2.0.1

vbgamer45

Quote from: MATTEK on November 24, 2009, 07:28:12 PM
I have it installed by emulating RC2?. Odd. Anyway, the article permission options are all messed up.

Ideas?
They should still work just the style settings have been fixed yet for curve
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MATTEK

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 24, 2009, 08:08:42 PM
Quote from: MATTEK on November 24, 2009, 07:28:12 PM

Ideas?
They should still work just the style settings have been fixed yet for curve

I have no options in my Articles Permission section. I can't set any permissions.
SMF 2.0.1

vbgamer45

That is category level permissions. You need to set normal permissions which are found under

Admin -> Permissions -> Modify each group and give them the articles permissions needed.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MATTEK

SMF 2.0.1

RawDepth

Quote from: RawDepth on November 22, 2009, 10:37:01 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 22, 2009, 09:00:10 PMYou have to drag and drop the images into the article in order for them to appear.

I tried this...

The function is not allowed from the upload (browse) window.

After the upload, when I drag and drop from the article edit window, it places the following text in my article.

javascript:void(0);

But, still no picture.
Anyone else having this problem with attachments not showing?

llyon

Quote from: RawDepth on November 25, 2009, 05:38:51 AM
Quote from: RawDepth on November 22, 2009, 10:37:01 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 22, 2009, 09:00:10 PMYou have to drag and drop the images into the article in order for them to appear.

I get this as well - no pictures display, however when you edit an article you can see  athumbnail of the picture.
I tried this...

The function is not allowed from the upload (browse) window.

After the upload, when I drag and drop from the article edit window, it places the following text in my article.

javascript:void(0);

But, still no picture.
Anyone else having this problem with attachments not showing?

GohighVoltage

When I upload a picture to the article,  it does not show,  but it's there if you go into Edit.

Any ideas?

vbgamer45

Yes you have to drag and drop the picture into the editor for SMF2 or SMF.1.1.x you click the picture to go into the editor

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

GohighVoltage

That does not work.       Why is the Upload image prompt there, if it doesn't work?

It uploads fine,  shows it under edit,  but not visible once you save the article.       I tried dragging dropping the picture from my desktop to the open article edit window and it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Advertisement: