News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Articles

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 04, 2008, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.Nieves

Ok, so how exactly do I do it. I have direct access to the database.

THANKS!

Sam

ps.. could this be a suggestion for the next release of your great mod? HTML compatible ;)

Kindred

you would have to enter the html directly into the field...   using proper escaped SQL.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

S.Nieves

I think this could be way out of my league.

if I enter mysql database for my smf I would just find the articles add my html and whala?! is what your saying?

Thanks for all your help.

Sam

Kindred

no.... it has to be encoded and escaped characters....      if you try to enter javascript or html by just pasting you will mess up the database table.

It sounds like the answer to your question, in this case is... no.

I'd suggest checking out the ad management mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chrishicks

This is a great mod. I was wondering where I would look to rename the references to  "myarticles" shown in this pic:

I would either like to rename that tab or at the least add a space so it shows at "my articles". Of course this isn't vital, I'm just curious if its possible.

and also, how can I fix this in the admin section:

vbgamer45

MyArticles text is most likely located in themes/default/languages/modificiations.english.php

Will fix the version number that is something I need to fix on myside.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

chrishicks

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 31, 2009, 08:24:15 PM
MyArticles text is most likely located in themes/default/languages/modificiations.english.php

Will fix the version number that is something I need to fix on myside.

Thanks for the reply. I did a full on search and I found "MyArticles" in Articles.english.php in case anyone else wanted to change the text or whatever.

$txt['smfarticles_myarticles'] = 'MyArticles';

chaky!

How can I limit the amount of comments to show?

thanks

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Quick fix update
Version 1.1.2
!Fixed bbc editor for categories in SMF 2.0 not working in IE6/IE7

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

spaceboy

It seems the "Total Articles" column only sums up 2 levels down to the first sub-category.  Is there a fix for this so it adds all sub-categories? 

I had a main category (ie. Racing Games) and then a sub-category (FUEL), and then two more sub-categories under FUEL.  Although there were articles in the last two sub-cats, the Racing Games "Total Articles" on the main Articles page still showed zero.  Once I moved the articles from the lowest sub-cats so they all resided in FUEL, then the main articles page showed the summation of the articles next to the main category (Racing Games).

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

vbgamer45

No fix at this time only does one sub level  deep.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

spaceboy

Hey it's me again...

Is there anyway to create a link to "My Articles" that other members or guests can see the results?  If I copy the code by right clicking the My Articles link I'll get the link that ends in myarticles;u=1.  But if another member clicks it they get their articles (even though they are not user 1)  If a guest clicks it it says login or register (because of course they have no articles).

It's being requested of me to offer this functionality, so someone can post a link to "their articles".

Thanks.

willerby

Couple of issues with images...

Firstly, image attachment does not seem to work correctly? I have a browse button and when I post a new article with an image specified in the field the article does not display it. When I go back to EDIT the article it is there on the edit screen but doesn't show on article display? Thought it might be theme related but no theme templates used...

Secondly, I use this 'Simple Image Upload' mod on my forum. The link to it appears to my users when creating articles as its part of the WYSIWYG editing dialogue from the general settings. Unfortunately, it posts the link to images created by this mod in the Summary field and not the main Article field. I've tried to see why this is happeneing but can't work out how that mod functions in relation to SMF Articles...

Any help (even if its hard coding to turn off the 'Add Image to Post' link for aerticles) appreciated...

W
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

willerby

willerby

Cough cough...

No support for the image attachment function?

vbgamer45

1. You should be able to click on the image itself inside the edit page to insert the bbc code into the article text. For SMF 2.0 you need to drag the image to the editor.

2. Could be possible to add that bbc code to disallow list will need to look into that.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

willerby

? Not sure I understand

I upload using the browse button (drag and drop does not work at this point). Nothing appears in the article so I go back to edit (where it is showing for some reason) and then I drag and drop it into the article?

When I do this I get javascript(void) posted...

Using SMF 2.0 RC1.2

robinrobin

SMF 2.0 RC1.2
SMF Articles 1.1.1

Images added to articles (via the Browse function when writing them) doesn't appear anywhere. They are supposed to appear in the article-list, just like the images for categories are shown on the main Articles page, are they not?

The description text of categories turns completely blank in the text field when i click to edit it.

I sure hope the permissions system at least works as it should...

vbgamer45

You have to insert the images into the article themselves in order to have them to appear.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: