News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Articles

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 04, 2008, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Quote from: pittu on February 04, 2010, 11:02:02 PM
This mod converts boards that already have threads into articles?

Each thread is changed to article.
No, that would be SMFBlog
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

vbgamer45

No sorry about that we discussing a different mod SMFBlogs
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

hmmm....   I have an issue with the permissions

I have a number of users marked as "Project Editors".
They have been granted permission, in the permissions profile, to administrate articles, approve articles, comments, etc.
However, the administration seems to be hidden in the smf admin-only section, which means that the users (who do not have normal board-admin access) are told they can not get to the article approval section.

I know I am missing something simple...  but it's anoying.

Any idea vbgamer?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Busy this week but are you using SMF 2.0 with the Articles Mod? I think I know what the issue is.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

I am indeed...I am using the dev version from mid-January.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Quote from: Kindred on February 12, 2010, 08:30:03 AM
hmmm....   I have an issue with the permissions

I have a number of users marked as "Project Editors".
They have been granted permission, in the permissions profile, to administrate articles, approve articles, comments, etc.
However, the administration seems to be hidden in the smf admin-only section, which means that the users (who do not have normal board-admin access) are told they can not get to the article approval section.

I know I am missing something simple...  but it's anoying.

Any idea vbgamer?
Fixed!

Posted a new version of SMF Articles uninstall the old version and install the new versoin.

Adds a seperate Articles Configuration area.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jave

I was just wondering, I have your articles modification added, how do I switch the tab name? It has the tab name articles, but I am using the modification for something else and need to change what the tab says.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

vbgamer45

Thanks Kinderd for the support. Did that change help you that I made to articles for moderators?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

I have not done the upgrade yet...   I am running a dev version, so I am going to re-install all the mods in a week or so when there is a good stable RC3 version available. :)
Слaва
Украинi

wiciu

Great MOD !

I have small feature..
Ussualy link to the article .. look like this:

hxxp:xxx.pl/forum/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=3 [nonactive]

What about this, that in article link colapse title ?

Something like this:

hxxp:xxx.pl/forum/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=3;title=this_is_article_title [nonactive]

I thing that this solution will be more user friendly.

vbgamer45

I think I have a pretty urls filter for this. Check out the pretty urls mod and the extras package with it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

wiciu

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 22, 2010, 12:49:13 AM
I think I have a pretty urls filter for this. Check out the pretty urls mod and the extras package with it.
Whoa.. i have pretty URLs mod but without extra pack. Now.. all is working fine  !
Thanx !

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KidCactus

I've installed the mod, created a category (with viewing/posting permissions for registered members) and a test article, but unless I log in with my admin account instead of my test account as a normal user, I get an "An Error Has Occurred! You can not view the articles page." error when I try to access the article page or the article itself. I even tried giving registered members all permissions, but I still can't view the page. Any ideas?

I'm using it in SMF 1.1.111.

Edit: Never mind, didn't know I had to apply permissions in the SMF admin interface too, on the correct member group.  :)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KidCactus

Yes, me too.  :) I'm trying to adapt this article mod on my forum to be more of a blog mod.

By the way, I just realized the comments on the articles show the most recent on top, is there an easy way to have it the other way, like in the forums?

vbgamer45

I think you would need to modify Sources/Articles.php and change the comment query to order by ID_COMMENT DESC if it is missing.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KidCactus

KidCactus

I'm trying to insert a link tree on the first page of this mod (the categories page), but for some reason it doesn't look like I expect it to. I'm using the default div tag for this, in the same way as in the other template files:

<div style="padding: 3px;">', theme_linktree(), '</div>

It's inserted into the template_articlesmain function, after the global.

On the category page, the link tree only shows the forum name and not the actual categories page name. If I click one of my two categories though, it looks like it should, showing Forum -> Categories page -> Category.

Got any ideas why this is happening?

Edit: Color me surpised! I managed to fix it myself, by editing Article.php. I moved this:

// Setup the Link Tree

$context['linktree'][] = array(

'url' => $scripturl . '?action=articles',

'name' => $txt['smfarticles_title']

);

GetParentLink($cat);

And inserted it after:

// Set page title

$context['page_title'] = $txt['smfarticles_title'];

Edit 2: Well, apparently that didn't solve the issue after all.  :( Now I got the categories page in the link tree, but not the categories.

Advertisement: