Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Articles

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 04, 2008, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfDrDenis

Quote from: Kindred on May 10, 2010, 09:35:55 AM
you would have to edit the source....

I am laughing I was thinking I edit what...

I know that I have to edit the source. But I do what?

dmacleo

ok, foolish question time.

due to restoration issue I need to reinstall. I manually deleted all sql tables (6 iirc) articles_ cleared cache and deleted package off server. when I reinstall old categories are still listed when I try to move a post to article.
did I miss something when uninstalling?

thanks.

edit: when I go directly to articles and add from there its correct, its just when trying to add a post to article that the old category is shown and any new ones are not shown.

vbgamer45

Probably missed removing the articles_cat sql table
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

dmacleo

I specifically made sure that one was removed, twice actually.
I'm at a loss :)

vbgamer45

That's the only place that I store data only in the database tables not in any files.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dmacleo

would there be a table not named in same convention as others?

attached is screenshot of ones I dropped.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dmacleo

even odder is that after removing it the add to article button shows up under all themes and points to the non-existent category.
going to try looking at all templates and manually removing any reference to article and see what happens.

I like the mod so want to make sure its working here, I appreciate the input and work you've done.

dmacleo

boy I feel foolish, the add to article showing under topics was for simple portal article system and not for this mod.
As far as I can tell this mod is working correctly.

for some reason I had thought this one added the add as article buttons under topics, sorry for the confusion.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dmacleo

did a database search for the errant category and found it in sp_ table...knew then I was an idiot :)

Pippolo72

Hi, I am running SMF1.1.11 and the Babylon theme and have installed this mod. I can see the article conf panel under CONFIGURATION but no button linking to articles. If I switch to the default theme I can see the button. What do I need to do to see the button in Babylon please? Thanks.

vbgamer45

You would need to edit the index.template.php of the babylon theme to include a link/button for the articles

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pippolo72

Thanks VBGamer. Is there any script already written that I can copy and add to the index.template.php that you know of? I have no idea what to write and where to put it...

vbgamer45

No because for 1.1.x of SMF you have to do it manually

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pippolo72

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=1032.0

I used this script and it works, just need to make a button as similar to the existing ones as possible.

PurpleCrow

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC3 and when I try to add a category I get a 403 Forbidden Error... Any ideas how I can fix this? (I'm Admin so permissions shouldnt be the issue).
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

vbgamer45

403 error sounds like either a webserver permissions issue or an issue with mod_security that has to be disabled by the host.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PurpleCrow

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 22, 2010, 01:52:13 PM
403 error sounds like either a webserver permissions issue or an issue with mod_security that has to be disabled by the host.

Neither of those mean anything to me - any idea how I can fix it?
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

PurpleCrow

Actually dont worry, I wont be using the mod, wasnt a fan of it when I used it last time and I dont want to go faffing about in some settings that could cause more issues than they solve.

Thanks anyway!
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Advertisement: