News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Articles

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 04, 2008, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcmedal001

Good day, i'd like to add adsense to the top of every article but below the summary. That is the ads will be between the summary and the main article. I don't know much about coding. Please, where do i edit in the article template? Thank you

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mcmedal001

I use smf 1.1.11 and i'd like to know which part of the code to edit. I know which template i'd edit. I need that line of the code to insert adsense code.

PLAYBOY

Whatever mod i look for in this site, comes out as your creation.
You are the best!
I really appreciate your work! Thank you.

ben sisko

awsome mod!

also, let me suggest an improvement for the next release(s):
add the option to automatically create a post in a selected thread if a new article is approved (just like you did for the 'download system' mod). i suppose you'll have most of the coding done for this. ..and maybe, add the summary of the article to the body of the generated post.

vbgamer45

Minor update
!Improved search results for multiple pages
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

henrik1782

My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

PLAYBOY

Well i got a wierd question. I was about to install this mod in 1.1.12 but then i started thinking, what is gonna happen all of those articles when i switched to 2.0?
Will i be able to transfer/keep/convert them without any problems?

vbgamer45

All data works with SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0 upgrading SMF causes no issues.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ben sisko

Quote from: ben sisko on January 18, 2011, 05:32:07 AM
also, let me suggest an improvement for the next release(s):
add the option to automatically create a post in a selected thread if a new article is approved (just like you did for the 'download system' mod). i suppose you'll have most of the coding done for this. ..and maybe, add the summary of the article to the body of the generated post.

@vbgamer45: yes / no / considering.. ?
thx.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PLAYBOY

It cant find the background images for these buttons.
It searches themes/pdx-dx/images/   <<< It doesnt look for the image but it looks for the directory only.

When i view it in default theme it looks and finds themes/default/images/maintab_back.gif

ben sisko

i get this on installing v1.3.3:

QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

i'm using SMF 2.0 RC5

vbgamer45

Quote from: ben sisko on February 14, 2011, 04:58:28 AM
i get this on installing v1.3.3:

QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.
Fixed

i'm using SMF 2.0 RC5

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mick.

vb,  you know what i noticed?

I have a facebook fan page, when i try to attach a link to an article in my forum, facebook doesnt recognize the link.  It attaches the main domain to my forum instead.

Have this been discussed?

vbgamer45

There has been issues with SMF's url structure with the semi colons i think someone started a topic here on SMF.org and submitted the bug to facebook.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mick.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 19, 2011, 12:43:12 PM
There has been issues with SMF's url structure with the semi colons i think someone started a topic here on SMF.org and submitted the bug to facebook.

Thanx bro. 

4b11l

Can a notify feature be easily implemented in the articles? Notify of comments in articles. I think it'd be a great new feature if it can be easily done.

vbgamer45

Possible in the future when ever I get free time which does not seem like anytime soon.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MrGrumpy

@vbgamer45

Had to fix the ShowArticlesBar on this mod in Sources/Articles2.php - (similar issue as with ezportal)

Current Code

<table class="table_list">
         <tbody class="header">

<tr  class="catbg">
<td align="center" colspan="4" class="catbg"><span class="left"></span>', $title, '
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Needed changing to

<table class="table_list">
         <tbody class="header">

<tr  class="catbg">
<td align="center" colspan="4">
<div class="cat_bar">
<h3 class="catbg">', $title, '</h3>
</div>