SMF Articles

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 04, 2008, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apnart

Many thanks vbgamer  8)

I still have a pb, my board is in french, I have done what you said, and it's working for SFM default theme, but not for an other  :-\

Any ideas ?
La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompétence. Isaac Asimov

vbgamer45

Modify themes/customtheme/languages/modificaitions.english.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

apnart

Thank you for your answer, sorry for my questions, I am a "beginner" in smf  :-[

It works, but not for all my tests... nevermind, I will try again  ;)
La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompétence. Isaac Asimov

tbombaci

Not sure if it is in this thread or not (I tried a search) but, If you want to reverse the order of comments on an article, simply remove "DESC" from the line:

WHERE c.ID_ARTICLE = " . $context['article']['ID_ARTICLE'] . " AND c.approved = 1   ORDER BY c.ID_COMMENT DESC");

it is in .sources/Articles2.php line 2459

Tom

vbgamer45

Thanks for the tip should be helpful for people who need different orders
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

cnywrestling

I've been administering the articles for a while.  Now I'd like to hand this off to another user. I added a new membergroup called "articles", added my user to the membergroup, and added the full permission set in the articles configuration for that membergroup.  However, when the user logs in, he sees nothing different than any guest sees - none of the admin functions are there.  Seems straightforward enough, leading me to believe I've missed something obvious.

vbgamer45

New Update:
+Added RSS feed icon/RSS feeds now support for the articles
+Added import from FAQ mod and Knowledge Base mod

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

hmmm.....

Ok, just installed a test forum with a ton of mods to see what I could break....

The Article System with SimpleSEF breaks....   500 error on the server.
(BTW: Same thing happens with the downloads system)

essentially, default or basic configuration of all mods....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Any specific url? And anything in the error log?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

http://test.turtleshellprod.com/

nothing in the SMF error logs... I have not checked the server logs yet
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

natzy24

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but on the article display page (in the categories where you get the list of articles) is there any way it could show as

[title]
First 255 words
[Read More]

for the article set up please?

medstorez

hi, thanks for mod ...

1- there is any way to know if there is any new article published from forum (maybe as recent post) or always have to come to know??

2- the Articles written increment users post count?

thanks

vbgamer45

1. Currently just have to look at the articles section.
2. Not at the moment.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MomentsGoneBy

Quote from: Kindred on January 30, 2012, 01:42:36 AM
hmmm.....

Ok, just installed a test forum with a ton of mods to see what I could break....

The Article System with SimpleSEF breaks....   500 error on the server.
(BTW: Same thing happens with the downloads system)

essentially, default or basic configuration of all mods....

Any Fix for this yet. I end up with a 500 on the server as well.

vbgamer45

Check your apache error logs should say what is going on for the 500 error.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MomentsGoneBy

So sorry, it turned out to be unrelated. Just bad luck it happened at same time.

FrizzleFried

Hi.  Great mod! 

I have three questions:

(1) I am using the inline attachments mod (the mod that allows you to embed the attachments in message)... any way to get it to work with the articles editor?

(2) I am using the Advanded Reputation mod... when making comments to an article it shows the +Karma / -Karma of the stock system not the advanced rep options... and if you use +KARMA/-KARMA a database error pops up.  Any way to completely REMOVE the "KARMA" options from the comments.

(3) Any way to incorporate a re-order option (like with categories) but for articles themselves?

Thanks!

forfun

I am running PortaMX 1.45 with PortaMX-SEF enabled, and SMF articles 1.4x.  Everything has been working fine, until I updated to SMF Articles 2, and I got 500 error.
If I turn the the PortaMX-SEF to "off", then everything is work fine.
What is the problem? Please help
The worst case scenario, can I uninstall SMD articel 2, and re-install version 1.4x
Thanks much in advance

vbgamer45

Anything in the error logs for the forum. Or apache server logs?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

forfun

Nope! I didn't see any error that's related to Articles.

Advertisement: