Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 04, 2008, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMFHacks.com Team

Major new update
+Now works for SMF 2.1 Beta 1
+New manage categories area for SMF 2.0
+Improved styles for SMF 2.0
+Added new copyright removal system
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

beanflying

Hi,

having a few issues with the image uploader on this mod. Drag and drop leads to just the thumbnail created being placed in the article. On click then heads off into oblivion :(

I have trawled back over the 44 pages this morning and seems way way back a few others had that issue but I couldn't find a resolution for it. No real problems for a few of the forum members but for the average user placing and formatting external images is above them.

Sample article here http://www.coffeenation.org.au/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=1

Site is running Dream Portal. Uninstalled currently are PrettyURL & Extras, Highslide Image Viewer, Simple Audio Video Embedder to try and help debug.

Any thoughts or clues?
Owner of many many shiny toys.

Ataru Moroboshi

found an issue with php 5.4 and htmlspecialchars in non utf-8 forums

in sourcedir/Articles2.php need to replace htmlspecialchars  with $smcFunc['htmlspecialchars'] to make it work

SMFHacks.com Team

Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Ataru Moroboshi

Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on April 16, 2015, 11:01:14 AM
!Better handling of utf8 characters for SMF 2.0.x

ok, thanks... I just a replaced htmlspecialchars function in articles2.php, do I need to upgrade from 3.0?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

nomorepolitics

Greetings - I cannot find where to increase the number of characters allowed in an article description which results in not being able to post with the current settings and a long article. 

Much appreciate the assistance,
All the best
Ron
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." - Buddha

vbgamer45

The description max is default 65,000 characters

If you need more you need to increase the field size for description

SQL Command

alter table smf_articles change description description longtext;
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

nomorepolitics

Didn't thank you for the response vbgamer45 - so thank you very much, the info was very useful. 

All the best
Ron
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." - Buddha

nomorepolitics

Greetings,

I am using SMF Articles 3.0 & SMF 2.0.10

I cannot find a setting to turn off the articles mod temporarily - does this function exist?  If so may I ask for some guidance in how to go about it? 

Great mod just need it off for a while. 

Thanks for all the great mods you guys provide.

All the best
Ron

vbgamer45

A function for that does not exist. You can hide it with permissions though

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

nomorepolitics

Thanks once again - I did look into that option after posting but was hoping that there was an "on/off" switch. 

If I tweak the permissions there will no longer be an "articles" link on the menu, right? 

I appreciate your quick reply very much. 

All the best
Ron

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

nomorepolitics

Thanks for that - I'll most likely run into you again pretty soon - looking at some of the paid mods that I'd like - some really great mods available. 

All the best and thanks again
Ron

LadyAngel

Is there a way to move forum posts to the article system? I want to use this as a blogging system and would like to move a couple of posts with all of their comments to it. :)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

LadyAngel

Quote from: tbombaci on November 07, 2011, 12:45:45 PM
Not sure if it is in this thread or not (I tried a search) but, If you want to reverse the order of comments on an article, simply remove "DESC" from the line:

WHERE c.ID_ARTICLE = " . $context['article']['ID_ARTICLE'] . " AND c.approved = 1   ORDER BY c.ID_COMMENT DESC");

it is in .sources/Articles2.php line 2459

Tom
Thanks mate, this was driving me mad! lol

LadyAngel

LadyAngel

Quote from: amko_sa on March 07, 2010, 12:33:52 PM
Quote from: Kindred on March 07, 2010, 09:27:13 AM
well, submit article is not available in a module, but EZPortal (also written by vbgamer) has a recent articles block

Sorry my mistake.I think about add article button and little preview.Simple portal also have a recent or random article block but I cant connect that options with SMF Articles.

I found this solution on one site:

global $smcFunc, $scripturl;
isAllowedTo('view_articles');
$dbresult = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "
SELECT a.ID_ARTICLE, a.title
FROM {db_prefix}articles AS a
WHERE a.approved = 1
ORDER BY RAND()
LIMIT 5
");

echo'
<div class="smalltext" style="text-align: center; color: #f9e9ac;">
   <strong>5 Random Articles</strong>
</div>
   <hr />';

echo'
<table>';
while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($dbresult))
{
echo '
<tr>
<td align="center">', sp_embed_image('topic'), ' </td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=articles;sa=view;article=' . $row['ID_ARTICLE'] . '">' . $row['title'] . '</a></span></td>
</tr>';
}
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($dbresult);

echo'
</table><hr />
', sp_embed_image('dot'), ' <span class="smalltext"><font color="#000000"><b><a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=articles;sa=addarticle;cat=1">Add Articles</a></b></span>';

ant this is currently the best solution for me.If someone have better proposal please write it here.
This is great, thank you!  :D

Advertisement: