CAPTCHA for guest posting?

Started by Deprecated, September 04, 2008, 04:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deprecated

I'm running a SMF 1.1.5 forum where we like one board for guest posting. Unfortunately we're being spammed. Our CAPTCHA is enabled for membership registration, but I cannot find any setting to enable it for guest posts.

Am I just missing a setting somewhere, or does not 1.1.5 have any CAPTCHA for guest posts?

If there is no setting, is there any recommended mod to enable CAPTCHA for guests?

uc50ic4more

*BUMP*

I do not want to start a new thread when a search brought me to this one. I am in the exact same predicament, and all of the (re)CAPTCHA and other human verification customizations I have come across intend only to *replace* the current system, which, as the OP finds, is only used by SMF during account registration.

I get the feeling there may be the simplest of code modifications necessary; or at the very least a really simple mod out there that can extend the usage of the existing - or a replacement human verification system - to the guest level.

Thanks!

Deprecated

Thank you uc50, I had been intending to bump this topic myself but hadn't gotten around to it.

What's worse, I'm upgrading this forum to 2.0B4 as soon as it is released, so this request is just to fix it for a few weeks.

I'm getting so annoyed at having to police the spammers.

Deprecated

Might be suitable with some work. I unlocked the revision checking and discovered that it has problems with Register.php, Register.template.php and ManageRegistration.php, but didn't look into the details. I'm not sure if the effort would be worth it. Actually I'm lookin' to get my Charter and if so I'll just go Beta 4 and forget it.

greyknight17

Deprecated

Thanks, but not compatible with SMF 1.1.5.

greyknight17

Are you sure about that? I just tested it and it works fine in SMF 1.1.5. Try getting the second download link there.

Deprecated

Thanks GK. It's a moot point now. I'm shut of 1.1.5, upgrading mine to 2.0 beta 4 in the next 1-2 days.

Advertisement: