News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Mambo 451 & SMF-Bridge 2.2 & SQL-Error

Started by mic, January 26, 2005, 06:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mic

Hello,

after recievieng the SMF-Bridge from another member her (because mamboforge is allways down!), i installed

1. SMF 1.01
2. Configured SMF
3. Logged out of SMF
4. Installed SMF-Bridge 2.2 (which has still some errors in the script like missing paths and outdated calls for js.scripts !)
5. Made all changes as stated here in a Install-FAQ

So the problems are now:

1. Cannot login into the forum (directly on forums site, not from mambo) -> no error message, it seems that the SMF cant recognize me (?)
2. Following SQL-Error when is go into my mambosite (where the login-field should be):
QuoteWarning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/mambonbv/www.xxxxxxxx.com/test/451/kermit/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 232

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/mambonbv/www.xxx.com/test/451/kermit/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/mambonbv/www.xxxx.com/test/451/kermit/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 42

Notice: Undefined index: time_format in /home/mambonbv/www.xxxx.com/test/451/kermit/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 176

Notice: Undefined index: theme_guests in /home/mambonbv/www.xxxx.com/test/451/kermit/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 657

and many more additional errors on display.

(the domain is replaced with xxxx.com).

Maybe some of you knows where the bug is or what i didi wrong?

thx in advance - michael

mic

Hello Janner,

thx for your input, but the reason for all those messages where to fing in a missing "/" slash i forgot!
My fault - sorry.

But now i have another problem, and you can be shure that i have read all posts here, docs & faqs anywhere .... and nothing find about.

Now when i start ma mambo (frontend) all menues and modules are not visible, not loaded, becauce when i run mambo in debug mode the first message is this here:
QuoteNotice: Table 'usrdb_mambonbv_smf.mos_menu' doesn't exist in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/includes/database.php on line 184
where definitely this "usrdb_mambonbv_smf.mos_menu" cannot work, but i dont know from where this db-query comes ...

Before somebody asks, i want to run SMF within Mambo (not wrapped), paths are everywhere set correct,  configs made in mambo-smf-bridge-component.
I also tried all other combinations of settings - always the same result.

I dont want to give up, but my time is running, otherwise if this will not work within Mambo i have to use another Forum, even this SMF is that i want to use!

thx in advance for helping me.
michael

[Unknown]

You're using separate databases.  I believe the FAQ talks about this.

-[Unknown]

mic

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 26, 2005, 11:44:18 AM
You're using separate databases. I believe the FAQ talks about this.

-[Unknown]
Hello Unkown,

you're completely correct, i tried it with 2 sepateted DB's.
And you're also correct about what the FAQ is saying about using SMF and Mambo with 2 DB's.
And finally, i did/tried everything what's stated in the FAQ (and some other hints from this forum here).
But, using 2 DB's should not producing this error (this combination of calling a DB) anyway!
Or am i wrong?
So this must be a bug anywhere ...

I am trying now the second solution with only one database.
Works quite well, except those errors which are included in the scripts for mambo!
And one about error reporting, but  i will open a new post about this.

Finally i read some about a API which could be used instead of this bridge - correct?

thx for your help.
michael

Orstio

In the header of your Mambo template you added a little piece of code to initialize SMF's SSI. 

At the end of the code, just before the ?>, add this:

mysql_select_db($mosCofig_db);

Advertisement: