News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to I hyperlink my site to my forum

Started by truffles, August 24, 2008, 11:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truffles

Please excuse what must seem like an obvious question.  I think my brain is fried from getting my forum up and working (which I finally did!).

I keep trying to add a hyperlink from my home page to my forum (using Frontpage), but I receive an error message saying that the page is not found in my site.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I just can't figure out how to establish the link. 

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
Truffles

wmcintosh

RL Joneson

The best way to do this is to navigate to your forum with your web browser. Depending on what you named the forum's root folder it should be a simple http://yourdomain.com/forum/index.php. If you named your forum folder something different like "myforum", then use that in the url.

thefley

if you are using frontpage make sure your server has frontpage extensions active under your control panel... if FP is allowed that is.   or just HIGHLIGHT your text or your pic you want to hyperlink and then right click and past the address to your forum under the link option.

www.greatplainsriders.com

Rumbaar

Well just like adding a new button you can use this, just put the hard coded URL
How do you add custom tabs to the Core (default) theme menu?

But that being said, please don't use Frontpage to edit your forums php files, I recommend Notepad++
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: