News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Member Approval

Started by quiz_modder, September 08, 2008, 07:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quiz_modder

I have "member approval" set in registration settings.

I register manually on the board as new user. It registers OK and says I will need to be approved. I re login as admin and check "awaiting approval", new member isn't there. I go to "view all members" and new member is there. I click on user and it says "account is not approved".

Why is the member not appearing in the "awaiting approval" list? Have I missed a setting?

I am using v2 beta 4

quiz_modder

I am still having problems with this. Can someone confirm whether this is a bug in beta 4 please?

Thanks

JR V

I am experiencing something similar.  My registration is set to 'Member Approval'.  And when a new member joins I get an email saying "Before this member can begin posting they must first have their account approved. Click the link below to go to the approval screen."  I click on the link and sign back into the forum.  Near the top of the screen it says this "There is one member awaiting approval."  However no new memebers show up needed to be approved.  But if I click on the 'view all members' tab the new member is listed.  And they still can't sign in.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

I just did my first setup yesterday and everything appears to running smooth and great.  I just need to get over this one hurdle before I open up the forum for others to join.

RedCairo

I think this is probably a bug, since SMF 2.0 Beta 4 I'm having the identical problem.

Require users be approved;
reg as a new user;
be told I need approval;
as admin, get email requesting approval;
follow link to forum;
forum admin tells me I have 0 (no) members awaiting approval.
Yet when I go to the full member list, I see the member there.
So I thought it was approved (it doesn't say either way in that listing),
but going to their profile it says the member is not approved.
It gives an approved link.
Which appears to work fine.
So this is not fatal; it's just extra work.

Can we request an admin bounce this thread to the bug board?

Deprecated

I've got an exact same problem. I couldn't describe mine any better than the posts above.

RedCairo

You can approve them--by finding the member on the 'all members' list, clicking to visit their profile, and clicking the 'approve' link there. It's just clearly not the easier way it's intended to work. ;-)

General_Naga

Just like to add that I am also having this problem after upgrading to beta 4.

Deprecated

I don't understand why there is nobody investigating this issue and offering suggestions on how to fix it.

dinlebuney

I have the same problem.. There is no solution?

Who has the same problem can see unapproved members from "Search in members" section by deselecting "Activated" option..

General_Naga

No solution that I've been able to find on multiple boards, which is very surprising considering on how fundamental account activation is for the running of a forum.

Deprecated

I haven't been able to find any fix either. You can work around it but it's a nuisance.

purper

Same problem here! While the users use a valid email address, the logfile reads:

Foutmelding: 550 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found

This might help developers? You guys see those errors in the log also?

Deprecated

Quote from: purper on September 17, 2008, 05:46:46 PM
Same problem here! While the users use a valid email address, the logfile reads:

Foutmelding: 550 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found

This might help developers? You guys see those errors in the log also?

That doesn't sound like the same problem. Rather:

Quoteas admin, get email requesting approval;
follow link to forum;
forum admin tells me I have 0 (no) members awaiting approval.
Yet when I go to the full member list, I see the member there.

purper

I am sorry but I disagree :o (I think)

I also see the member in the list, Awaiting Activation (0), and also mail is not send.. because the email adres goes wrong somewhere...
But since noone posted a log, my problem could be something else. Shall I open a new thread for my problem then?

Regards,

Richard.

feline

exactly .. same here and reported.
I search around but up today nothing found to fix that  :(

Fel

purper

I solved the "Foutmelding: 550 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found" message, I simply forgot to enter a "SMTP-username" in the email settings...

But still there are no activation emails send?! Anyone?

greyknight17

Posted in BugTracker for developers to look into.

vagrant

For anyone finding this via search as i just did,

in /Sources/ManageMembers.php

find.
$context['activation_numbers'][$row['is_activated']] = $row['totalMembers'];

Change the totalMembers to total_members

Deprecated

Uh... You're a bit late for the bus ride vagrant, but I'm sure your heart is in the right place. :)

Here is a bugfix package for anybody who comes across this topic and wants to fix it. The topic also has other details for interested parties:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=262385.msg1725790#msg1725790

Advertisement: