News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Any way to modify message that appears when registration disabled?

Started by bollywhat, January 26, 2005, 08:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bollywhat

Since we can't yet modify the letter automatically sent out to people when they register (back when I was a silly, deluded owner of a phpBB board, I would modify that letter to add the forum rules, and activate only those members who replied to me letting me know they had read the rules and still wanted to join), I'm still trying to figure out a good way to handle registration on my forum. 

A thought occurred to me: it would be brilliant if I could modify the screen that displays when I disable registration so that when someone clicked "Register," they would be shown a screen with the forum rules, and instructions to e-mail a certain account if the rules agreed with them and they still wanted the admin to make an account for them.

So, is there any way for me to modify the current "error" message that shows up when someone tries to register while the registration is disabled? 

(Pardon me if I have not explained myself clearly, it's been a long day!)

Jerry

check Themes/default/languages/Login.english.php... seems like that is where it would be!

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Advertisement: