OutlineOmega (multi for 115,116,117 & TP)

Started by Antechinus, September 09, 2008, 03:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Link to the theme

A multi theme with eleven variations based (with their permission) on Dziner Studio's classic Outline.
This theme utilises a custom board layout and comes with collapsible news fader and css-based drop menus.
Colour change bars are just above the header and will light up on hover.
By default nested quotes are restricted to three.

The download works with 115, 116 and 117 and Tiny Portal versions are also available.

Live demo of TP 0.983 version here. Download of TP 0.983 version and TPv1.05 version available there too.

NOTE: This theme will not be released for SMF 2. More information here.

If anyone who wishes to use this theme is planning on altering the copyright please read this. Thank you.

ETA: Peeps, please note that the drop menus do not display in IE6. There is a warning about this in the Resources link in the theme's footer, but I thought I should mention it here as well. With IE6 you'll get a standard toolbar but that's it. The menus are script-blocker proof though.
Also note that the AzureSilk, Mircalla and Skyline options are not suitable for IE6.

ETA: It's been brought to my attention that when using Arabic the bottom image of the drop menus is misaligned. I assume other RTL languages would have the same problem. The fix is very simple.

Open style.css and go to Line 696. Replace this:

.tabs .btm-bg {
width: 205px;
height: 9px;
overflow: hidden;
clear: both;
}

with this:

.tabs .btm-bg {
width: 205px;
height: 9px;
overflow: hidden;
clear: both;
margin-right: -19px;
}

Thanks to Islam2Hamy for spotting this for me and working out the correct margin setting.  :)

Nequil

Antechinus

Thanks. Actually this approval caught me by surprise. I've made some minor improvements to the css on a couple of the variations so I'll upload the file as soon as I get some more coffee into me and double check things.

Hoochie Coochie Man

Nice, thanks mate.
But, is there amy live demo?
İnadına SMF 1.1.X

Antechinus

Yeah there is. The TP 0.98 version is on display here.

I'm just double checking the updated css (minor details only) and then I'll sort download links for the TP versions as well.

ETA: Added demo link to the OP.

Crip

I would like to learn your css drop menu - can you share?
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Antechinus

Grab the theme and rip the code. Tis open source. Only thing is that I based mine on one by CSSMenuMaker (linked from the Resources link in the theme footer). Even though I've altered it quite a bit they request linkback for the use of their menus so I gave them one. Just sayin'. ;)

danskmacabre

smf 1.1.6 is not a download option even tho it shows 1.1.6 compatibility
Website: cantref.org.uk chaos8.com | SmF version: 2 | Portal software: PortaMx 1.3 | Default theme: Coal Black

Antechinus

The download works with both 115 and 116. The 116 upgrade only edits Sources files and does not affect theme files, so the same themes will work perfectly well with both.

ETA: Yes, I did test it just to make sure. I'll add a note to the OP about this.

danskmacabre

Website: cantref.org.uk chaos8.com | SmF version: 2 | Portal software: PortaMx 1.3 | Default theme: Coal Black

helpmehelpme

hi can you help me?
how do i add extra tabs
as i've installed
gallery blogs and links and multi game
I would like to put it as a tab

another is I'm having problem with this

it keeps on showing this

Warning: set_error_handler() expects argument 1, 'error_handler', to be a valid callback in /home/ss/htdocs/chat/index.php on line 134

Antechinus

I have no idea what is causing your error message. It has nothing to do with the theme itself. It's a mod issue of some sort. That aint my problem. You'll need to chase that up in the appropriate thread.

Tabs are easy. If you don't want drop menus under them just copy this format:

echo '
<li>
<a' , $current_action=='search' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=search">
     <span class="menu-left"></span>
<span class="menu-mid">Search</span>
<span class="menu-right"></span>
</a>
</li>';

Replace search with the appropriate action. 

helpmehelpme

chat is my domain....
i'm a girl...
anyway.. how do I change the top domain? picture? where do I find it?

Antechinus

You're allowed to be a girl. I wont hold it against you. :P

If you want to change the banner images they're all found in the named folders inside the theme's images folder. So the default one (that says Outline Omega) is in Themes/OutlineOmega/images/Outline.

LinkinParkBoy

I'll make a version for SMF 2 Beta 4 as soon as I can. Shouldn't take that long.

Nice team and nice job, \m/

LinkinParkBoy

How can i add more options to the drop down menu, for example, make "view calendar", "view recent posts", etc, appear in "forum", below, in "tabs"

Antechinus

Quote from: LinkinParkBoy on September 21, 2008, 01:33:21 PM
I'll make a version for SMF 2 Beta 4 as soon as I can. Shouldn't take that long.

Nice team and nice job, \m/

You reckon? You'll need my permission before distributing any files, and I'll require you to get it passed by the Theme Approval team here. If you can deal with that then that sounds ok. PM me with a progress report.

Antechinus

Quote from: LinkinParkBoy on September 21, 2008, 02:53:59 PM
How can i add more options to the drop down menu, for example, make "view calendar", "view recent posts", etc, appear in "forum", below, in "tabs"

You can't figure that out and you reckon you can convert the theme for Beta 4? K.

Are you saying you are running one of the TP versions and want to add a drop menu under the forum button? The links you mentioned are already under the forum button. I don't get what you're asking.

Adding more links is done by simply following the format of the existing links but substituting the exact link you wish to use. I deliberately provided the release files with a stack of links as examples, some with context settings and some without. Exactly which bit is confusing you?

LinkinParkBoy

Ups lol  :o my mistake. I wanted to say "nice theme". I'm waiting for you to put working in smf 2 beta 4 ;)

Yes i have the smf 1.1.6 with your theme TP, with the tiny portal 0.9.8 and under the forum button de drop menu doesn't appear like your demo site.

in mine only appear the drop menu in the messagen, profile and admin buttons. In the forum, search and help button's doesn't appear the drop menus

Can you show me where are the release files? I can't find it, i don't know if the drop menus are added in the admin's panel or by code

Antechinus

Sorry, I just checked the files again and I'd simplified the official release a bit. The menu on my demo is actually one I was trying out for my place and has a stack of added functions (including a second admin button with link to cpanel, etc, etc). What with that and the music streams I thought it was a bit much for a standard release.

Additional drop menus are added in index.template.php in the tabs section. If you want recent posts and calendar under the forum button do it like this:

if($settings['TPortal_front_type']!='boardindex')
// Show the [forum] button.
echo'
<li>
<a' , $current_action=='forum' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=forum">
<span class="menu-left"></span>
<span class="menu-mid">' , $txt['tp-forum'] , '</span>
  <span class="menu-right"></span>
</a>
<div class="sub">
<ul>
<li><a href="index.php?action=calendar">' , $txt['viewcal'] , '</a></li>
<li><a href="index.php?action=recent">' , $txt['viewrecent'] , '</a></li>
  </ul>
<div class="btm-bg"></div>
  </div>
</li>';

Any other drops you want just follow that general format and substitute the exact links you need. Post again if you get stuck.

Advertisement: