News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

OutlineOmega (multi for 115,116,117 & TP)

Started by Antechinus, September 09, 2008, 03:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeldAIS

Hi! Let me say it is really a great set of themes and I really want it to use in the smf I'm using - but I'm stuck with a problem at the moment.

I downloaded and installed this - http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/Demos_n_downloads/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item36 - and as I used it, I realized that there is no option to change the theme to the other great themes that are in the demo link (the buttons located at the topmost to change to other theme).

I apologize in advance if this was already asked and believe me when I say this that I searched about 2 hours now on how to make the buttons show. *bows deeply*

I'm using TinyPortal 1.052 and SMF is 1.1.10 - does it really won't work perfectly, like it was in the demo site, if it is not 115, 116, or 117?

Again, thank you very much again for the superb theme *bows deeply*
"the fansubs/scanlations community must be helping and understanding each other"
"quality fansubs/scanlations takes quality time"
"lazy and nagging leechers makes fansubbers/scanlators assholes"

Antechinus

Ok, two points. First is that you have the wrong download. That one was made for TP 0.98, which some people (including myself) still use.
If you are running TP v1.0x then you want this download: http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/Demos_n_downloads/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item37

Regarding the changer buttons, for some reason they never get going unless you select to have them displayed (setting on the "Current Theme" page in admin) and then save. They should work without doing this and I have no idea why they don't, but they seem to need this to kickstart them. :)

zeldAIS

Ooooooh! *slapface* Damn XD /me hides himself in the corner feeling ashamed XP

Thank you Anthechinus for the help and this really really great theme <333
"the fansubs/scanlations community must be helping and understanding each other"
"quality fansubs/scanlations takes quality time"
"lazy and nagging leechers makes fansubbers/scanlators assholes"

sophi

Thank you for the great theme OutlineOmega!

One problem though...

When logged in there is the text showing in header to the right:

Hello username
you have so many messages, 0 are new.
Show unread posts since last visit
Show new replies to your posts

The links are not working. When clicking comes only to the frontpage.

In the footer, above Active in the last 15 minutes:
The links do work.

I am using SMF 1.1.10 and TinyPortal v0.9.8

Appreciate all help!

Antechinus

Any errors in your error log? The header links should work because they use exactly the same code as the links in the info centre.

sophi

Antechinus

This demo site is running the TP 0.98 version of the theme (I run that version myself at the moment) and the coding is exactly the same as the coding in the download from the Theme Site.

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/Demos_n_downloads/index.php?action=forum

If you try one of the demo accounts you will see that the header links work as they should. Have you made any changes to the code at all? Did you get the theme from the SMF Theme Site or did you find it somewhere else?

sophi

Thanks for your reply  :)

But sorry to say the Demo didn't work either...just the same like in my forum.

Antechinus

It does work. I tested it to make sure. ;) The demo accounts don't have access to profile or pm's but they do have access to the unread posts features and they do work.

sophi

Right... :D

Not in the 2 browsers I have access to. IE and Netscape. Sorry...

Antechinus

Netscape? Are you serious? Netscape has been extinct for years. Which version of IE are you using and which operating system?

sophi

Antechinus

Hmm. That's an amusing form of IE stupidity. I hadn't bothered checking those links in IE since they use exactly the same actions as the ones in the info centre. In fact the code is taken straight from the 1.1.x default theme.

No idea what is causing it and to be honest I'm not going to waste my time attempting to figure it out. Every browser worth using reads the links as they should. IE6 and 7 are obsolete and it's a non-critical function that is available elsewhere.

sophi

;D  Is that something I should tell my 800 + members...hehe...

Well, I will have to look further into it myself then.
Thank you for your time and the theme is great.

Antechinus

Yup, you can tell them that if you like. Feel free to quote me on it. :)

Really, all fanboy stunts aside, IE6 and 7 are rubbish. Really, they are, for several reasons. Anyone with XP or higher can take their pick of several vastly superior browsers and they are all free. Even IE8 is better. You can even run Google Chrome Frame inside IE for a browser that goes like a rocket, has first rate scripting support, but still looks and feels just like IE6 or 7 (apart from the scarily better performance). 

By the way, back when I coded this theme I didn't know nearly as much and the drop menus do not work in IE6 or earlier. Fine in all other browsers though. They could be made to work in IE6 but I haven't been too concerned about recoding it. I am thinking of dropping the 1.1.x version of the theme when SMF 2.0 goes final anyway.

Zoric

GuArDiAn~AnGeL

Quote from: Antechinus on September 09, 2008, 03:00:13 PM
Link to the theme

A multi theme with eleven variations based (with their permission) on Dziner Studio's classic Outline.
This theme utilises a custom board layout and comes with collapsible news fader and css-based drop menus.
Colour change bars are just above the header and will light up on hover.
By default nested quotes are restricted to three.

The download works with 115, 116 and 117 and Tiny Portal versions are also available.

Live demo of TP 0.983 version here. Download of TP 0.983 version and TPv1.05 version available there too.

NOTE: This theme will not be released for SMF 2. More information here.

If anyone who wishes to use this theme is planning on altering the copyright please read this. Thank you.

ETA: Peeps, please note that the drop menus do not display in IE6. There is a warning about this in the Resources link in the theme's footer, but I thought I should mention it here as well. With IE6 you'll get a standard toolbar but that's it. The menus are script-blocker proof though.
Also note that the AzureSilk, Mircalla and Skyline options are not suitable for IE6.

ETA: It's been brought to my attention that when using Arabic the bottom image of the drop menus is misaligned. I assume other RTL languages would have the same problem. The fix is very simple.

Open style.css and go to Line 696. Replace this:

.tabs .btm-bg {
width: 205px;
height: 9px;
overflow: hidden;
clear: both;
}

with this:

.tabs .btm-bg {
width: 205px;
height: 9px;
overflow: hidden;
clear: both;
margin-right: -19px;
}

Thanks to Islam2Hamy for spotting this for me and working out the correct margin setting.  :)

gorgeous.

zesa

Quote from: sophi on October 28, 2009, 04:25:24 AM
Thank you for the great theme OutlineOmega!

One problem though...

When logged in there is the text showing in header to the right:

Hello username
you have so many messages, 0 are new.
Show unread posts since last visit
Show new replies to your posts

The links are not working. When clicking comes only to the frontpage.

In the footer, above Active in the last 15 minutes:
The links do work.

I am using SMF 1.1.10 and TinyPortal v0.9.8

Appreciate all help!

I'm having the same problem. The problem is that all users with a screen resolution width <= 1024 will get the homepage instead of the unread threads. My resolution is >1024 so I don't have the problem. Where or how can I switch off the link behind the logo in the header? That would solve the problem.

SMF 1.1.11
OutlineOmega 1.15 (latest release)

Thanks for any help.

zesa

Quote from: Antechinus on October 28, 2009, 04:15:52 PM
This demo site is running the TP 0.98 version of the theme (I run that version myself at the moment) and the coding is exactly the same as the coding in the download from the Theme Site.

hxxp:www.councilofexmuslims.com/Demos_n_downloads/index.php?action=forum [nonactive]

If you try one of the demo accounts you will see that the header links work as they should. Have you made any changes to the code at all? Did you get the theme from the SMF Theme Site or did you find it somewhere else?

If you resize the browser window to let's say 1024 pix width, you'll see what happens... the unread links will disappear and there's only the link to the homepage...

Advertisement: