News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF-Bridge doesn't pass any error messages from SMF 1.0.1

Started by crashdummy, January 27, 2005, 04:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crashdummy

Everything works fine but sometimes the SMF-Bridge doesn't pass any error messages from SMF 1.0.1. For example, i just get a blank page instead of the error messages. I don't know how to solve that!  Does anyone have any idea? 

best regards
crash

crashdummy

Quote from: Orstio on January 27, 2005, 04:18:23 PM
Are you using the ob version?
yes, because the ob version can handle 2 different database.

Orstio

Quoteyes, because the ob version can handle 2 different database.

All versions of that component can handle 2 databases.  The problem with 2 databases occurs in the login module, not in the main component.

crashdummy

Ok, i also notice that now. Thank you to point me in the right direction! Have you an idea how to pass the error_messages string?

Orstio

No.  I ran into this with the ob version, actually in the admin login, which is unacceptable.  That is why v2.2 was released instead of the ob version.

I need to take a look at why the page does not get displayed at all with error messages and admin login.

For now, it is far better to have them unwrapped, even if they are ugly, than wrapped and non-existent.

crashdummy

Anyways, thank you for quick reply. I'll try to investigate that!

[Unknown]

WFM in my version, although the admin login won't work unless you do a special fix I added to my version.

-[Unknown]

Kindred

??

WFM in my version, although the admin login won't work unless you do a special fix I added to my version.

I use the admin login with the ob version (??)

(what does WFM mean?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

[Unknown]

crashdummy

Sorry, my previous post was unclear.. I also use the com_smf_1-0_package, it works fine and some error_messages are also shown. Otherwise i try to simulate situations in practice and found out in some special cases i get a blank page.
For example, a user should active his e-mail:
Your email address needs to be validated before you can login. Need another activation email? If i click in the "Need another activation email?" - Now i get a blank screen in the Wrapped Version instead error messages.
Or if someone tries to make two registration, and his doesn't clear his browser cache, -->blank page!

Advertisement: