News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Fix Thead Post Formatting

Started by RL Joneson, September 14, 2008, 08:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RL Joneson

Hey all. I customized a forum a while ago, and forgot where to find the right code to fix the formatting on my posts. See how it pushes the post down below the Author http://gograndoccasions.com/chefs_corner/index.php?topic=2.msg2#msg2.  Also, how I can add some padding to the space from the Author Name and the edge. It's way too close. Thanks!

RL Joneson

karlbenson

does that happen with the smf default core theme aswell?

RL Joneson

I'm using the default theme, but I had adjusted some padding and width settings I think. It was a few months ago, so i can't quite remember what I did. But looking at it now, I would like to fix the issue with the post text dropping down so low, and the author's name to not be so close to the edge of the table. I'm not sure where to find these codes.

Do you see what I'm talking about in your browser on the link I posted at the beginning of the thread?

RL Joneson

Basically I just need to know where to find the code that adjusts the message board post table cell. The padding and margins. Anyone?

Rumbaar

Well that will be the Display.template.php.  As for the affecting style information, I'd suggest getting Firefox and Web Developer addon.  Use this tool to pinpoint the style and where it's being defined.  Firebug is another possible addon as well.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: