Is there any 2.0 beta 4 portal ?

Started by feelingshehides, September 15, 2008, 06:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feelingshehides

Is there any Portal mod working for 2.0 Beta 4 ?

Portals currently are not compatible:

TinyPortal
SimplePortal

Only Compatible one is

Site Integration Mod (xD which i don't really like no offense)

Powerbob

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

feelingshehides

Thanks

N3RVE

Note that PortaMX is still in development, I don't think there's a stable release yet.
It also hasn't been submitted to our mod site for approval, that's if it will be.
Marking this solved.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

feline

Quote from: [n3rve] on September 15, 2008, 12:27:42 PM
Note that PortaMX is still in development, I don't think there's a stable release yet.
So, you think? I think, you think bad.
PortaMx is very stable .. so stable as SMF 2.0 Beta 4  :D

Fel

N3RVE

Fel,
I'm not aware that you have a stable release, I've downloaded and played around with PortaMx, however - A diff parser showed that they were changes between both packages I had, good to see a stable one is released. My primary concern is that PortaMx has not been tested by the Customize Team.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo

Bancherd

I am using simpleportal on my live site, and testing PortaMx on my test-site.  So far, so good!  :D

I am not familar with terminology used in software development, but it would be rather unusual to define stability as being tested by you or the customizing team?

Frankly, I have been testing quite a few mods that have been approved for SMF2beta4public... 3 of 7 that I tested had to be uninstalled due to major errors and functionality problems.  :-[   On the other hands, there are quite a few nice mods already.....thanks guys/gals   !

N3RVE

Bancherd,
I'd appreciate it if you can let me have a list of mods you've installed that had stability problems, I'd take that up with each author respectively and will also bring it to the attention of the customize team.

Quote from: Bancherd on September 16, 2008, 03:39:48 AM
I am not familar with terminology used in software development, but it would be rather unusual to define stability as being tested by you or the customizing team?

I'm not defining stability as being tested by either me or the Cus team, I only encourage people to use mods that are available on the mod site since they will be little or no stability issues.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo

Bancherd

No problems.   :D   I am sending you a PM.  :D

aishaweb

Quote from: Bancherd
My test site for SMF2+PortaMx

http://www.weerapat.com/smf2/  - requires login to view.

Oh, and any software that is in version zero point something is in beta, also it will probably have the beta on the end:

PortaMx v0.93.0 Beta

Beta apps are still in development and not stable.

Bancherd

Quote from: aishaweb on September 17, 2008, 03:36:19 AM
Quote from: Bancherd
My test site for SMF2+PortaMx

http://www.weerapat.com/smf2/  - requires login to view.

Oh, and any software that is in version zero point something is in beta, also it will probably have the beta on the end:

PortaMx v0.93.0 Beta

Beta apps are still in development and not stable.

OOps...I opened it up to guests now.

As far as stability, I have been testing it for a while and found it to be stable enough for me.....or at least, stable enough for me to use it with SMF2beta4Public;along with quite a few other mods.  :)

(In case anyone is interested, my live site is using simpleportal  since simpleportal's initial release, along with its many revisions....it is a GREAT mod.....but I think PortaMx is even easier to use).

Advertisement: