News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Beta 4

Started by dario1984, September 15, 2008, 04:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dario1984

Hello guys. I've update my smf from 2.0B3 to 2.0b4. Now, after clicking LOGOUT, member cannot do login.

The only message appear is this.

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator. 

Anyone can solve this problem

(with 2.0B3 this problem was not present......)

kind regards

gunn3r

I too have this problem. Unfortunately, it was a rash decision to upgrade to Beta 4. I would like some way to downgrade back to beta 3 as my theme is modified to fit Beta 3. Once there is a stable version released, I'm sure I'll move to that, but for the time being, can some one show me a link for the beta 3 full install?
hxxp:www.gunn3rgames.net/informer.html [nonactive]

Gary

I had the problem when I upgraded, it appeared that it did not run the database changes.

Are you still logged in as an admin? Can you post any related entries in the error log? (Look in the database section of the log)
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

gunn3r

Unfortunately, I am not. I can not say for the OP, though.

Gary

gunn3r, in that case, create a new account, you should still be able to register (and automatically logged in as a standard user), then use phpMyAdmin to give that user the Membergroup ID of 1, then take a gander at the log.

I have a strong feeling where the problem lies (again) I just want to make sure.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

gunn3r

Well, thanks for the quick reply, but my friend found that he still had a copy of the full install of beta 3. I used that before I had the chance to confirm your theory. Sorry Gazmanafc. Good news is that my forum is back to normal now and a back up that I did saved everything.

Advertisement: