News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PlushSearch

Started by tk2012, September 15, 2008, 04:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tk2012

I have v2.0 B3.1 and I've received two Critical Errors..  It has something to do with the Search function.

I tried searching on here for anything dealing with PlushSearch2, but found nothing...

(I'm using default theme w/ altered colors)

The info is attached.

ccbtimewiz

Topic unlocked.

What modifications do you have installed? Could you try upgrading to the latest build of SMF 2.0 BETA and see if that rectifies the situation?

tk2012

I've got many many many mods going, but none that have anything to do with the search.php    Because of the amount of mods I do use, I have been hesitant in changing over to beta 4 yet.

Do you think that is the only solution?

karlbenson

I believe these bugs were fixed for beta 4.
I remember reporting quite a few bugs related to plushSearch2 which IIRC Jay fixed.

Upgrading to beta 4 should fix those.  Unfortunately like you say, any mods will need re-installing.

tk2012

I upgraded to b4.0 and it doesn't look like it fixed anything regarding this.

still using the default theme with altered colors...  have gotten two critical errors since Saturday after completing the upgrade.

Looks like I'm not the only one having trouble with this error, either:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=269440.0

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved? Did you try recreating the search index as mentioned by another user here?

tk2012

I will let you know.  I did that tonight since upgrading to b4.0 didn't work.

Rumbaar

Did the recreation of the search indexes work?  Not sure how the caching factors into this either for 2.0
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

tk2012

I haven't had the error appear since changing the settings on the search.  My "messages" table crashed within 48 hours and was not able to repair itself, so I had to go back to a backup.  Honestly don't know if the crash was related or not, but that was the only change I made to the forum.

It's been a long week with trying to fix the aftermath of the crash as well as my first week of chemo, so I'm a little behind on things.  Let's just say that I hope making the changes fixed whatever caused the errors and that the table crash was a fluke because I have no energy right now.  I'll mark it as solved and if it returns, well... I'll come back and change the icon again and post an update.

Advertisement: