News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Database Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Started by civano1, September 16, 2008, 12:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

civano1

actually, I have 10 over at godaddy, but no sql's.  I did the search for numbers and got the 4300 other domains on the server that I am on.  Quite disappointing.  Anyway, I also have a couple on the hostcash site listed above that people can find on the hxxp:ctutor.com [nonactive] site at the top.

Couldn't believe my eyes!

Mare

Rumbaar

Okay so the original post you've made at the start of this thread is no longer valid then?  As you no longer have any SQL db's on that host?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Deprecated

4,300 domains on one server? 4,300? Woah, that's at least 3x the highest I've ever even heard of let alone seen!

What is wrong with GoDaddy? Are they planning on laying off 80 percent of their staff and getting rid of 50% of their servers?

This is just crazy...

Rumbaar

If they are all just parked domains, it wouldn't make much difference.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Deprecated

And how would you know if they were all parked domains? Visit them all? (No, I didn't.)

thefley

I set up a new forum tonight on hostmonster.com and it works great!!!! but I am still haveing the issues on Godaddy.com.  I will be moving all mine over to hostmonster.com 

IT IS NOT A COX ISSUE!!!

GOODBYE GODADDY!!!   google GODADDY SUCKS and you will see many others that hate them.

www.greatplainsriders.com

FullDraw

Quote from: wyrdgirl on November 10, 2008, 09:35:25 AM
I am just now receiving this error too for a few members.  Funny enough they both use Cox as well.  Turning off the lookups appears to be working so far.  Thanks for the suggestion
Quote from: SlammedDime on October 31, 2008, 05:01:08 PM
As much as GoDaddy doesn't want to admit it, there is some sort of issue with their servers and users of Cox.  I have yet to see this issue occur when that combination is not present.

Turning off Hostname Lookups in SMF seems to help with the problem, but not always.

My main site sponsor was getting these error codes for about a month. The only way he could communicate on the site was through the shout box. I turned off host name look ups and the problem was solved. A couple of other people also infromed me they were able to enter the forum all of a sudden also. All were affiliated with Cox. Thanks for the info guys.....

thefley

I dissabled the host look up and tried it that way and this did not work for me nor the members on cox.  seems to help some but not all.   

www.greatplainsriders.com

pope and young

I am new to this also, I don't mean to sound outta line here. But I run a dating site with godaddy with no known issues. Is it just simple machines? I don't know. My guess would be yes. Because if everyone's websites with godaddy acted the same way, godaddy would be outta bussiness. I'm not knocking simple machines, just trying to think outside the box.
If anyone has a large forum and has no trouble with their "HOST" They need to list it here as a sticky.

青山 素子

Quote from: tgdating on November 18, 2008, 08:22:22 PM
But I run a dating site with godaddy with no known issues. Is it just simple machines? I don't know. My guess would be yes. Because if everyone's websites with godaddy acted the same way, godaddy would be outta bussiness.

You are lucky then or you don't happen to trip on the core issue. SMF necessarily does a lot of tracking for security and moderation purposes. It seems at least some of this happens to trigger the issue many are having. Specifically, it seems to be narrowed to a problem between GoDaddy's servers and Cox internet users. This hasn't been seen on other hosts, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with SMF itself.

Oh, and there are more than enough people out there willing to believe they can get ultra-cheap hosting that even a large churn won't hurt GoDaddy.

Quote from: tgdating on November 18, 2008, 08:22:22 PM
If anyone has a large forum and has no trouble with their "HOST" They need to list it here as a sticky.

That's what the Hosts, Hosting and Commercial Services board and child boards are for.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

pope and young

lol, I just check that out after I posted this. I do have a bad feeling about godaddy I can't put my finger on, I was just talking in all fairness with my experience so far. I am going to contact montecarlo services with some questions regarding their dedicated servers. But I am still fascinated with learning how to run my own even if it cost more.

I wonder if any other "forum" boards makers like "vb" have this sort of trouble with godaddy and or the internet provider in question. I think I will research this before my community grows.
I don't like any of the other forums out there paid for or free. I like simple machines and hope simple machines works out for me.

pope and young

Come to think about it, I did get an email from my forums saying something about a database error. I deleted the email and thought nothing of it....
Soon as I get the money together for a move, I'm moving to a different host before the problem gets worse.

Advertisement: