News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Blank page with IPB 2.0.x converter

Started by Jerigord, September 16, 2008, 07:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

I tells me we are using a file sort on the topics table.

The best thing I could suggest here is we use a smaller select to grab less data at once.

Find:
---* {$to_prefix}topics

Replace:
---* {$to_prefix}topics 200

This will make it select less at once and may help.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Jerigord

Still failing when I set it to 200.  :-(

SleePy

Does 100 or 50 give you the same results?

Do you have a really big post that either has a lot of data or a lot of posts?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Jerigord

50 gives the same result.  We might have a large post, but I'll have to do some searching to know for sure.

SleePy

If you look at the query that would be in the mysql process list, you will see a "LIMIT xxx, 50". What ever xxx is, is where it currently is at. That means the big topic is somewhere after that number. Those numbers since its the topic conversion would be the topic ids.

Jerigord

I just set the values down to 5 and ran the query manually in MySQL rather than through the browser.  It took 16 minutes to execute for just those five lines.  The counts were low as well, so it's not like we've got huge posts in the first five.  Any other ideas I can check?

SleePy

Well we could try to add some indexes topics table in ipb and see if that helps speed things up.

I don't have IPB so I am just going to say, try going to structure and adding a few indexes for some of the columns. How many columns you use in it is up to you.

Jerigord

I'll give it a go and let you know if anything improves.

Oldiesmann

Do you still need help with this Jerigord?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: