Problem sending PM with Newsletter feature

Started by antichrist, September 16, 2008, 12:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antichrist

I think the title is clear, I have a problem with PM via Newsletter. The PM do not arrive but I get an absolutely empty mail (I think notifying the arrival of the invisible PM).

My installation is a 1.1.4 updated to a 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public.

Hope someone can point me the trick.

Thank you for your time.

antichrist

I have checked the same feature on a fresh 2.0 install and it works... ¿maybe an error on the upgrade system?

antichrist

H

Any errors in your error log? (Admin area > Error log)

How many members on your site?

You might try upgrading to 2.0b4 and see if this fixes the problem.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

antichrist

No error with the action in the error log... I will try to upgrade again and check it one more time.

I'll keep you informed

Deaks

antichrist do you still need help with this?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

antichrist

I still need some help with it, I have found no solution and the upgrade is "queued" for the moment... any ideas?

Rumbaar

So I guess you mean sending a Newsletter using personal messages?

What is the contents you are putting into this PM?  So no PM arrives at all?  What are the groups you are sending it too?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

antichrist

Hi!

I'm trying to send news via PM, so I do the 2 steps to send them, and on the second one I check the "send via PM" option.

The text is just something like "message test" (but in spanish)

I'm sending the PM just to myself (for testing purposes... the objective is to make massive announcements this way)

The result is that I receive nothing at all, no mail (telling me that I have a PM) and no PM... nothing.

Any ideas?

PD: Thanks for your help and time

Rumbaar

I'll have to test this on my own forum when I get a chance.  But have you updated to BETA 4, and see if they fixes your current issue?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

antichrist

I'm not "allowed" to do the upgrade for the moment, I'm trying to force it the soon as possible.

Let me know the result when you try it.

Rumbaar

What do you mean not allowed?  The nature of the current BETA releases of 2.x means that many issues get resolved in next versions of the BETA release.  I'm sure a lot of bugs were fixed from 3.1 -> 4.

[ Themes ]

antichrist

it means that the owner of the host / forum is stopping it... I will tell him that it's necessary and may solve the problem (but if no one have the same kind of problem... I'm not really optimist...)

Get you informed.

N3RVE

Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

antichrist

No, it remains un-solved today... any idea?

The upgrade still stopped due to hosting issues these days... fate against me!

N3RVE

Quote from: antichrist on December 02, 2008, 11:36:04 AM
No, it remains un-solved today... any idea?
The upgrade still stopped due to hosting issues these days... fate against me!

Well, when your Host is ready for the Upgrade to kick off, upgrade to Beta 4 and let us know if that resolves your issue.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Oldiesmann

I just tried it on my 2.0 Beta 4 test board and it worked fine, so it may be an issue with Beta 3.1.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: