[SMF Converter] vBulletin 3.7

Started by SleePy, September 17, 2008, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorstenE

the error is not a real problem, one of the attachments was not converted..maybe the file (MemberDownloads/6/3.attach) doesn't exist anymore?

assam_siddibapa

So i think so its not a big problem right ....
any ways thanks

SleePy

The setting in the vBulletin database called "attachpath" seems to be empty.

Can you make sure in the vBulletin settings table has that varname and has a value that is correct :)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Suarez

I Have this error

Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Unsuccessful!
This query:

`urbanscr_foro`.smf_10log_notify
    SELECT userid AS ID_MEMBER, threadid AS ID_TOPIC
    FROM urbanscr_foro.12subscribethread
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`urbanscr_foro`.smf_10log_notify
    SELECT userid AS ID_MEMBER, threadid AS ID_TOPI' at line 1

ThorstenE

which version from the vbulletin37_to_smf.sql are you using? try the file attached on the first post of this topic.

Suarez

Quote from: TE on November 19, 2008, 03:01:34 AM
which version from the vbulletin37_to_smf.sql are you using? try the file attached on the first post of this topic.

I use you file 4 vbulletin 3.7 and have this bug

ThorstenE

have you tried the version attached here?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=262571.msg1712521#msg1712521

I noticed from the other topic that your vBulletin is 3.8
Maybe there was a database change between vBulletin 3.7 and 3.8

You can edit the vbulletin37_to_smf.sql and remove this block. this part is for the topic notifications, so you won't loose any important content.
/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting topic notifications...
/******************************************************************************/

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}log_notify;

---* {$to_prefix}log_notify
SELECT userid AS ID_MEMBER, threadid AS ID_TOPIC
FROM {$from_prefix}subscribethread;

Ploot

I get the same error

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

ThorstenE

Is SMF installed into the same database or a different database? Common conversion errors.

NesTT

Where's the link to the vBulletin 3.7.x converter? I need to convert my vBulletin 3.7.2 to SMF, thanks!

ThorstenE

you need two files (vbulletin37_to_smf.sql and convert.php)

the vbulletin37_to_smf.sql is attached here (first post):
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=262571.0

convert.php is attached here (scroll down):
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=140741.0

Converting to SMF

NesTT

Thanks man, I'll try that now  ;)

+10

Ploot

Quote from: TE on November 22, 2008, 01:35:38 AM
Is SMF installed into the same database or a different database? Common conversion errors.

It is using the same database. But still I get the same error. I have tried converting from IPB to SMF. The other converter seems to work..its just vbulletin 3.7 to Smf that is not working

assam_siddibapa

Hi got this error ... i am unable to contiue

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'legenda1_dl'@'localhost' for table 'user'

Ploot

Anyone else able to convert their vb 3.7 to smf?

ThorstenE

Ploot, please check your vBulletin installation.. is there a file named /admin/config.php or  includes/config.php?

these variables are in that file(s):

$config['Database']['dbname']
$config['Database']['tableprefix']

maybe the dbname or the tableprefix is missing / wrong?

Ploot

Quote from: TE on January 08, 2009, 02:44:15 AM
Ploot, please check your vBulletin installation.. is there a file named /admin/config.php or  includes/config.php?

these variables are in that file(s):

$config['Database']['dbname']
$config['Database']['tableprefix']

maybe the dbname or the tableprefix is missing / wrong?

I have both of them in the config.php file. Tableprefix is just blank because I installed it without any tableprefix like vb3_

Edit : These are the two errors I get at the top

Notice: Undefined variable: config in /home/public_html/smf/convert.php(407) : eval()'d code on line 1

Notice: Undefined variable: config in /home/public_html/smf/convert.php(407) : eval()'d code on line 1

ThorstenE

ah ok, the missing prefix is the cause .. that's not a problem I think.. is there a line
$config['Database']['tableprefix']  = '';
in config.php?
If not please at this line to the config.php, then re-start the conversion.

Ploot

yes I do

$config['Database']['tableprefix'] = ' ';

I even tried it with a space in between the quotes $config['Database']['tableprefix'] = ' ';

Advertisement: