News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] vBulletin 3.7

Started by SleePy, September 17, 2008, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorstenE

navjotjsingh,
I believe tha path for $vb_settings['attachpath'] wasn't detected or is missing in your vBulletin database..
Can you please execute the following Query with phpMyAdmin and post the result:

SELECT varname, value
FROM vb_setting
WHERE varname IN ('attachfile', 'attachpath', 'usefileavatar', 'avatarpath')

(replace vb_ with your vB database prefix)

SimpleJoe

TE: I turned on display_errors and found it was a simple permission issue with convert.php, i did a chmod on it and the conversion worked  :D

many thanks for your expertise

happy to be bringing another forum hosting site into the simple machines community :)

Hosting Simple Machines since YaBB -- One of the first SMF Forum Hosting providers with Chat and FTP for the inner developer in us all.

navjotjsingh

Attached is the result of the SQL Query

maritoz

I have a problem at the end of my conversion .... Sgte I get the code which might be the solution?
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Unsuccessful!
This query:

REPLACE INTO {$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
    VALUES ("conversion_time", 1248744782),
    ("conversion_from", "vbulletin37_to_smf.sql");

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
    VALUES ("conversion_time", 1248744782)' at line 1

ThorstenE

maritoz,
Don't care about these error, the conversion process has already finished.
QuoteRecalculating forum statistics... Successful.

red-g8r

QuoteNotice: Undefined variable: config in /home/######/public_html/smf/convert.php(407) : eval()'d code on line 1
This notice shows twice then hangs up the conversion with the normal error:
QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect table name 'user'

Having similar issue on fresh install of SMF 1.1.0
Trying to convert VB 3.7 over using the 3.7 converter n updated sql file.

All paths are correct, mysql permissions match (same user) same collation, etc.

Only 2 issue I can think of is my VB table prefix is simply "forum" no leading or trailing underscore, for example the user table is "forumuser" which is typically something like "forum_user"

The other issue might be that I have other table in my VB database that are used for advertising, mods, etc. that dont have the same "forum" prefix. for example I have old coppermine tables that have a "cpg_" table prefix...... any ideas?

Thanks

whuru

Quote from: assam_siddibapa on November 15, 2008, 12:54:57 PM
I am geting this error

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'legendar_smf'@'localhost' for table 'user'

Need access user name 'legendar_smf' to db VBulletin.

whuru

help me, please...

I want convert VBulletin 3.8.1 to SMF 1.1.10 and see next touble:

QuoteConverting...
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.

Notice: Undefined variable: to_prefix in F:\xampp\htdocs\vb368\convert.php on line 1821
Unsuccessful!
This query:

REPLACE INTO settings (variable, value)
    VALUES ('conversion_time', 1250433437),
    ('conversion_from', 'vbulletin37_to_smf.sql');

Caused the error:

No database selected

ThorstenE

the error is exactly the same (a minor bug in convert.php)..

indoboards

Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    pm.pmid AS ID_PM, pm.userid AS ID_MEMBER, pm.messageread != 0 AS is_read,
    '-1' AS labels
    FROM `indoboar_forumer`.indoboar_forumer_pm
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'pm.pmid' in 'field list'

ThorstenE

indoboards,
which version is your vBulletin? The issue is related to a missing column "pmid".. Maybe you used the old vbulletin36_to_smf.sql?

jugocas

first sorry for my english, but i'am spanish xd

O.o y can't donwload file "convert.php" for vbulletin 3.7, (is for one vbulletin 3.8.1), can you give direct link to donwload?¿?

zalim5788

Norv

I don't understand what you are asking. If you are looking for convert.php, you should note that on the page linked by TE, there are archives containing both the convert.php and the.sql file needed.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Norv

zalim5788:  Please tell clearly what you need.

If you need help in another language than English, check out our international forums: Language Specific Support.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Meow Doom

Good afternoon! I just recently converted from Vbulletin 3.8.2 to SMF 1.1.10 using your converter. Everything went well and was successfully converted, even the PMs! However, after deleting the old PM's from Vbulletin it still holds the number of pms I used to have in my smf install. Is there any fix after conversion for this wee phantom pm bug?

Nvm, I figured it out. XD I r noob.  :-[

Norv

Cheers, good to hear you got it sorted out!

Advertisement: