[SMF Converter] vBulletin 3.7

Started by SleePy, September 17, 2008, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suikojin

I am trying to convert my vB 3.8.0 to SMF 1.1.10 but I get this error.

Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Unsuccessful!
This query:

REPLACE INTO {$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
    VALUES ("conversion_time", 1257554703),
    ("conversion_from", "vbulletin37_to_smf.sql");

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
    VALUES ("conversion_time", 1257554703)' at line 1

Norv

Your conversion has actually succeeded, as "Recalculating forum statistics... Successful." was the last step that matters. The last message is a bug in the converter itself.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

helmy1100

marazmus

Hello. Converter stops with this message:

"Converting polls...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (expire_time)"

vBulletin 3.8.4, SMF 2 RC2.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help.

ThorstenE

marazmus, sorry but our 2.0 converters are still "buggy".. I'll look into this later this week. If you need a short in time solution you should use our 1.1.x converter (these are almost free of bugs). For sure you can upgrade the converted SMF 1.1 to SMF 2.0 RC2 then:
Upgrading SMF

marazmus

TE, I'm sorry, this was my mistake. vB's database was corrupted in some case (poll tables), due to previous converting issues (from another forum script). There was not much polls on my board, so I've just cleared poll tables in vB database, and converter done his job smoothly.

And I tell you VERY BIG THANK YOU for this converter. And especially for saving forum, post and user ID's like them was in vB board. This is very useful to do simple htaccess rewrites now, to save my board in Google's search index with 301 redirects.

p.s. Some minor bugs, if posted already:
- board moderators lost
- vB moderators set as global moderators

And I was need to change my vB setting for attachments directory from "attachments" to "./attachments" ("setting" table in vB database) BEFORE conversion. After this change my boards and all attachments was converted perfectly.

Thank you.

ThorstenE

Thanks for the bug reports and welcome to SMF :)

gLLo

Hi, I am attempting to convert a vBulletin 3.7.0 to SMF 2.0 RC2, however I am getting the following error:
QuoteConverting posts (this may take some time)...
Successful.
Converting polls...The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: id_member

I hope someone can help, thanks.

Edit: Now it is giving the following message:
QuoteConverting polls...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_member)

I have made sure that all entries in the current vBulletin table are integers so I don't see what the problem could be.

Norv

Can you please make sure you are using the latest converter package? The vbulletin_3.7 one, not earlier ones. Eventually, please tell the exact name of the .sql file you are using?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

gLLo

I downloaded all the converter files yesterday:
smf_2-0-rc2_vbulletin37_converter.zip
vbulletin37_to_smf.sql

I assume the problem lies when it's doing this line in the SQL t.postuserid AS id_member
Could it be because there are a number of entries in my vBulletin thread table in the postuserid column that are 0 due to deleted user accounts?

Norv

If it's 0 it should be fine, if it's NULL, or empty, it could be the problem.

Please try using instead of:
Code (find) Select

t.postuserid AS id_member

Code (replace) Select

IFNULL(t.postuserid, 0) AS id_member

gLLo

That fixed that thanks, but I have a new error now.
QuoteConverting personal messages (step 1)...
MySQL server has gone away

I'm pretty sure the MySQL server is still there.

Norv

gLLo

After reading I found that there is some problems with PHP 5.3.0 and persistent connections, so I disabled persistent connect.
And then I had an error regarding receiving packet larger than 'max_allowed_packet', so I increased it from 1M to 10M temporarily in MySQL config, which is something--if I was not doing this on my testing server--I would be unable to do, so you may want to look into that.

'Conversion Complete' and everything seems correct so far, I am glad I did this test run first.

Thank you for your help Norv.

rconmax

I just used vbulletin37_to_smf.sql to convert my vBulletin 3.8.3 over to SMF 1.1.11 (on MySQL 5.1.40)
Every thing seems to have gone perfectly.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting administrators... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Assigning boards to categories... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting smileys... Successful.
Converting attachments... Successful.
Converting avatars... Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.

Great job guys, Thanks  :D

Norv

Cheers, good to hear!
Quote from: gLLo on February 25, 2010, 12:32:21 AM
After reading I found that there is some problems with PHP 5.3.0 and persistent connections, so I disabled persistent connect.
And then I had an error regarding receiving packet larger than 'max_allowed_packet', so I increased it from 1M to 10M temporarily in MySQL config, which is something--if I was not doing this on my testing server--I would be unable to do, so you may want to look into that.

You're right, it happens sometimes, though very rarely (one or two conversions for all I know), to exceed max_allowed_packet as it happens to be set. In this case, you can also (besides making the value higher), add to the conversion data file a (lower) number of records to be sent to MySQL each time. It depends where you got it, at posts, at PMs, etc.

Tiozinho

oi... estou prescisando de um conversor ou qualquer coisa q me ajude a criar um novo tema q eu fiz... alguem pode me ajudar??

laogui

3.8.4 can't converter

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY null' at line 203

Norv

Quote from: Tiozinho on March 19, 2010, 05:23:43 PM
oi... estou prescisando de um conversor ou qualquer coisa q me ajude a criar um novo tema q eu fiz... alguem pode me ajudar??
Please, use only English in this board.
For assistance in international languages, please see the board: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=12.0

Quote from: laogui on May 11, 2010, 05:52:35 AM
3.8.4 can't converter

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY null' at line 203
Please, use the converter packages found on this site at Downloads > Converters, for your SMF version.

laogui

I use Vbulletin 3.7 to SMF 2-0-rc3 ,my forum is 4.0.3

Converting posts (this may take some time)...

Advertisement: