News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] vBulletin 3.7

Started by SleePy, September 17, 2008, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sincere

ouf...... my experience with those converters is that if the creator of the convertor does not help you, you really won't find much help elsewhere.
Try ...... good luck
Do you need a special mod for your smf forums? contact me for a quote.

Antes

Quote from: ladyengland on October 05, 2010, 02:20:26 PM
Hi, I realise the converter from vB4 to smf is not around yet, but I've managed to convert with just one problem...the attachments have converted, but they are not showing up in the posts. What can I do about this?

Thanks

Converter has bug about converting 'attachments'  :/ devs are still working on it but yet you discovered Norv now Lead Developer (SMF) he has no/limited time for converters ...

Thank you for all understanding :)

LadyAngel

Ok, well thanks for the replies. I only have a couple of hundred or so attachments, to I suppose I'll be adding them all manually :(

my admincp doesn't include config.php which the converter cannot get the settings

QuoteUnable to find the settings for vBulletin 3. Please double check the path and try again.
.::.

mr.Curiosity

Zelite poptpuno besplatno reklamirati svoj server?
Posjetite  www.reklamiraj-server.netne.net
Ocekujemo Vas!

greenvet2

I thought that I read somewhere that you had to run SMF 1.1 to use the converters, but I can't find that again and don't see any reference to it here.  Can I install the latest (SMF 2.0)and still use the converter?

Xsen

Hi!

I wonder if this thread is still watched, but anyway - I'm trying to convert vb 3.7.2 to smf 2.0.15 and whenever I click Proceed I just get a blank page. If I mess up the parameters on purpose I get the page with warnings what exactly went wrong. But if I use correct values - blank page.

I tried with various SMF versions - 2.0.15, 2.0.4 and 1.1.21, the result is the same.

I tried setting PHP for versions 5.6 and 7.1 for the SMF installation - no difference.

Anything I can do to fix this?

sundar_83

Hi i tried to convert my VB 3.8.1 database and getting this error

Warning: mysqli_error(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/srimeein/public_html/convert.php on line 469

Warning: mysqli_error() expects exactly 1 parameter, 0 given in /home/srimeein/public_html/convert.php on line 469

vbgamer45

I recommend trying SMF 2.0.12 with the convertor and see if that helps then later upgrade SMF once you have it conveted
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

sundar_83

download link for SMF 2.0.12 pls

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sundar_83

Yes found it and installed and now converting process started members are converting once done will update here thanks for ur work

sundar_83

Converting topic notifications...
Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting smileys... Successful.
Converting attachments...MySQL server has gone away

Any solution for this one to fix converting stopped if i start again will start from 1st onwards or will continue from attachement itself?

sundar_83

and while login as member Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again.

vbgamer45

Attachments make sure your server has a high limit for packet size in mysql

Member logins the first time they use the password they have to reconfirm after that they can look as normal.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

amadeos

Advertisement: