New Host and problem with theme

Started by riker, September 18, 2008, 10:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riker

Just had to move host but I've noticed the forum has problems with the theme images

http://tvlicenceresistance.info/forum

Anyone know what I can do to fix this ?

ccbtimewiz

Your images/theme directory is most likely incorrect. Try using repair_settings.php to repair the paths. Click the default values it gives and then make sure to delete the file once you finish in order to maintain safety.

Refer to: What is repair_settings.php?

riker

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on September 18, 2008, 11:12:24 AM
Your images/theme directory is most likely incorrect. Try using repair_settings.php to repair the paths. Click the default values it gives and then make sure to delete the file once you finish in order to maintain safety.

Refer to: What is repair_settings.php?

No already done that so everything is right so if you check the images they do point to the correct place

ccbtimewiz

Well your site is currently down with a "SMF unable to connect to database" problem, so I couden't have checked the links.

Anyways could you make certain that the images in question exist and that they are in the correct directory?

riker

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on September 18, 2008, 11:49:25 AM
Well your site is currently down with a "SMF unable to connect to database" problem, so I couden't have checked the links.

Anyways could you make certain that the images in question exist and that they are in the correct directory?

Thats because I was trying to start from scratch again.  I've found the problem now anyway.  It seems the images work fine using the hosts own url but when I switch everything to mine using the repair php it looses all the images

Just right click on the missing images and highlight and click on Open Image In a new page or tab

compare the url with your directory and make sure that the image file is there.
most of the time the ftp software leaves files behind.

riker

Quote from: LB Habib on September 18, 2008, 12:31:26 PM
Just right click on the missing images and highlight and click on Open Image In a new page or tab

compare the url with your directory and make sure that the image file is there.
most of the time the ftp software leaves files behind.

As above the paths are correct.  I'm going to get in touch with the host because it looks like this might be caused due to redirection

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

The buttons seem to be missing for sure.. Check via ftp if the images are present or not in the theme.. also check if that folder has the permission as 777.. it maybe caused due to the files not being allowed for useage.. try it.. ;)

Advertisement: