My Attachements are broken!! After a migration

Started by TheVDM, September 19, 2008, 03:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVDM

Hello, I have mooved a 1.1.5 forum from one domain to another (both on same server), this was then upgraded to 1.1.6, then to 2.0 BETA 4.

My attachments were set to encrypt, and are not showing on the new forum.

Regards
Jym

SlammedDime

Have you made sure that the path set in your admin panel is the correct path to your attachments?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TheVDM

Hi, I have just checked the attachments path in the admin panel (under attachment settings), all seems to be ok there!

Regards
Jym

SlammedDime

can you provide me a test account on your board and of course a link to a topic that is supposed to have attachments.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TheVDM

Hi, by a test account I assume you mean a moderator (or admin) account...

The web address is http://ukphotogroup.com, if you sign up for an account and post/PM me your user name I will set your account with the relevant permissions.

Regards
Jym

TheVDM

Sorry, forgot to mention, an example of the broken attachments can be found at http://ukphotogroup.com/forum/index.php/topic,128.0.html, or most of the posts in the 'Show us what you've got'

Regards
Jym

SlammedDime

No admin/mod permissions needed at this point.  The reason we ask for users to create test accounts for us is so that we don't have to worry about email stuff and account activations.  You can easily create new accounts in your admin panel (or by visiting index.php?action=register while logged in as an admin).  If you wish to have that account as an admin account, please create it and PM me the username and password so I can take a more in depth look.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TheVDM

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Have you moved all the attachments from the attachment folder to the newer host ?

SlammedDime

Hi there, I looked and it seems as though the images either aren't there, or the directory is wrong.  Would you be able to supply me with a temporary ftp account as well as admin access so I can ensure everything is where it should be?  Did they work after the upgrade to 1.1.6 then die after the 2.0 upgrade?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TheVDM

Hi, they worked after cloning the 1.1.5 site, im not too sure if they worked at the 1.1.6 upgrade as I did the updates one after the other.

I will pm you the details for the ftp account.

Regards
Jym

SlammedDime

I'm leaving work right now... will take a look when I get home.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

well I'm not quite sure what the deal is.  I was able to successfully make a new attachment and view it... I'll play with this tomorrow with 1.1.5 and perform the same steps you did to try and reproduce it.  In the mean time, do you have a backup copy of the attachments directory from before you performed the upgrade that you can restore to see if perhaps they became corrupted?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TheVDM

Hi, I have a backup of the entire original site as its a clone from http://ekphoto.co.uk..

I will re-copy the attachments folder and see what that does.

Many thanks
JYm

p.s. thats not a Yamaha Fazer is it.

SlammedDime

I have no clue, lol... some picture my wife had on the desktop.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: