"The page you are trying to access does not exist" -error on main index page

Started by trusk, June 24, 2006, 05:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trusk

setup:
Joomla! 1.0.8 Stable
SMF 1.1 RC2
Bridge 1.1.4

I just wanted to switch from the joomlahacks bridge to the official smf bridge as I has unpleasant login problems with the joomlahacks solution

I uninstalled/unpatched all joomlahacks components / modules and installed the SMF Bridge 1.1.4 on my system.

Now I can login / logout, but on my mainpage www.ofcampuszh.ch [nofollow] it shows:
The page you are trying to access does not exist.
Please select a page from the main menu.

if I click on the menu items, the mainpage is being displayed correctly

I thought I could fix this with deleting and reentering my first page in the mainmenu administrator section, but the problem persists.
also, I don't have access to any of the "registered" menu items when logged in

I really went through the faq's and tons of posts and did a google search, but I couldn't find any solution yet

thanks for your help!

Orstio

Change the first item in your main menu.  Most people have the frontpage component there.

asciiletter

I have the same problem and using or not using the frontpage manager as the first menu item did not fix  the fact that my user menu does not show... and I don't want to use the frontpage editor anyway because it doesnt let me do certain things.  What should I do?

Kindred

what?????

your statements did not make any sense.

please CLEARLY state your problem...   because saying "I have the same problem..." is obviously incorrect!
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

roniesm

hi,

I also have the same problem., I made another MENU in the MENU MANAGER of the joomla back end., I named it MYMENU and make it on top of all menus and disabled the MAINMENU.

All of a sudden the page says "The page you are trying to access does not exist. Please select a page from the main menu."

Please help.. thanks you so much!

Kindred

You can not disable the main menu.  You can retitle it, change the look, but you MUST have the main menu object and the forum must have a link in that menu.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: