News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Started by Banbha12, September 21, 2008, 11:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banbha12

I have upgraded to RC 4 last night and when I go to log into my forums today, I can't. Registration is fine but going to log in I get a database error and come to a standstill.

Also, there are some formatting issues, it might with the template I'm using or how RC4 is interpreting the template but the post starts like 1 to 2 inches below and the side bar is out of alignment.

But the major concern is logging in, which I can't do to get to any admin tasks.

Liesel

bros

What is the error?
And templates changed with B4

Banbha12

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator. 

---------

This is what I get when I try to log online. No code, just this message.

bros

Quote from: Banbha12 on September 21, 2008, 11:46:28 PM
Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator. 

---------

This is what I get when I try to log online. No code, just this message.

Log onto FTP and see if Settings.php has the correct login information

Banbha12

N3RVE

Quote from: Banbha12 on September 22, 2008, 12:45:40 AM
All the settings are fine.

Indeed, the connection combination in Settings.php is fine.
You're getting that error because something is wrong with the db and you should run a repair.
Open phpMyAdmin (What is phpMyAdmin?, select your db and run the repair.

Unfortunately, that error is suppose to output the table causing the problem but such issues aren't shown to guest so you'll have to run a full repair on the db.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Dragooon

Rumbaar

Also to be clear BETA 4 and RC 4 are very complete different types of releases, and we are still at the BETA stage.

You might have to clear you cache, but without being able to log in I'm not sure how.  Have you tried clearing cookies and browser cache.  Or at least using FF instead of (I assume) IE?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: